• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

rest of the world v Australia

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
With Australias dominance continuing what would happen if they took on the rest of the world. I know their will be disagreements buts lets say the side is

1.Strauss
2.Sehwag
3.Dravid
4.Lara
5.Tendulkar
6.Sangakara
7.Flintof/Kallis - cant decide between these two unless freddy bats at 8 or Dravid opens
8.Pollock
9.Akthar/ Ntini
10.Murilithiran
11.Harimisson - when on form

I dont know if this team is right but I would back the rest of the world team to win this although obviously Australia would have the advantage of already being a united team it would make a very interesting 5 test series

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Well if it's at 6 or 7, Flintoff has to be picked over Kallis.
yeah thats true i didnt want to leave kallis out but yes you are right and freddys bowling is better

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ICC has strongly said to the World XI selectors that they have to pick players on form. If that's the case then I have grave concerns that Lara & Tendulkar will not be picked. However, someone like Hamish Marshall will be.

A team more like:

Strauss
Sehwag
Dravid
Kallis
Marshall
Flintoff
Sangakarra
Pollock
Giles
Nitini
Hoggard

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
The ICC has strongly said to the World XI selectors that they have to pick players on form. If that's the case then I have grave concerns that Lara & Tendulkar will not be picked. However, someone like Hamish Marshall will be.

A team more like:

Strauss
Sehwag
Dravid
Kallis
Marshall
Flintoff
Sangakarra
Pollock
Giles
Nitini
Hoggard
Giles over Murali, Danish and Kumble that got to be one of the funniest selection i have ever seen :D

Oh well i guess we all allowed to our own opinions. 8-)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Strauss
Shewag
Dravid
Marshall
Lara
Kallis
Inzimam
Sangakarra (but they'll pick Taibu to give Zimbabwe a look in)
Pollock
Muralitharan (if he wants to come to Australia otherwise Kumble or Kaneria)
Akhtar
Harmison

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Giles over Murali, Danish and Kumble that got to be one of the funniest selection i have ever seen :D

Oh well i guess we all allowed to our own opinions. 8-)
Well, Murali isn't playing so how can he be selected?

I did forget about Danish & Kumble, brain fade on my behalf.

Blaze

Banned
The selectors said that performances against Australia by the players in contention will be a strong factor in selection therefore don't be surprised if you see Vettori and Marshall in there

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:

A team more like:

Strauss
Sehwag
Dravid
Kallis
Marshall
Flintoff
Sangakarra
Pollock
Giles
Nitini
Hoggard
Giles ?? Are u taking the ****?

C_C

International Captain
Selected by performance against Australia:

Virender Sehwag
Michael Vaughan
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS.Laxman
Kumar Sangakkara(wkt)
Shaun.Pollock
Shoaib Akhtar
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble

basically an all asia XI

Deja moo

International Captain
C_C said:

Virender Sehwag
Michael Vaughan
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS.Laxman
Kumar Sangakkara(wkt)
Shaun.Pollock
Shoaib Akhtar
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble

basically an all asia XI
Vettori would make it over Bhajji in Aus.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:

Virender Sehwag
Michael Vaughan
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS.Laxman
Kumar Sangakkara(wkt)
Shaun.Pollock
Shoaib Akhtar
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble

basically an all asia XI
And a bowling attack that would be useless in the circumstances - 2 seamers with no back-up?

C_C

International Captain
Well i dunno...bhajji has done excellently against OZ but has very little experience in OZ...Vettori is none too awe-inspiring 37 average in OZ...

As for backup...who will be the backup ? Mr 'i am homesick' Harmison who's bowling average in OZ would make even Tendy proud ?
Tuffey ? Ntini and his near-50 average against OZ ?
Vaas ?

There ARE no seamers with even comparable record against the OZ akin to kumble/harbhajan/murali........and given a choice between useless seamers and decent performances from spinners, i will pick a all-4 spinner team if i have to.
Simply put, i will field 4 Bishen Bedis and Abdul Qadirs if the pace option are 4 manoj prabhakars.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
And a bowling attack that would be useless in the circumstances - 2 seamers with no back-up?
Why don't you actually post your team for a change Marc as opposed to criticising everyone elses selections only?

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
C_C said:

Virender Sehwag
Michael Vaughan
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS.Laxman
Kumar Sangakkara(wkt)
Shaun.Pollock
Shoaib Akhtar
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble

basically an all asia XI
I think harmison would be better than Shoaib Akhter

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
zinzan12 said:
Why don't you actually post your team for a change Marc as opposed to criticising everyone elses selections only?
OK then:

Sehwag
Strauss
Dravid
Lara
Kallis
Sangakkara
Flintoff
Pollock
Hoggard
Shoaib
Muralitharan

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Rest of the World likely. Australians would have to be really, really good to beat the best players from each team.

Last edited: