• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Move over Gillchrist....

Dhoni is here :) .

Yes this guy is a dynamite, someone who has the potential to re-write cricket books. I always knew the guy had tremendous potential, but now i'm convinced that the guy is already a class act.

With Sehwag and Dhoni at the crease, India will have potentially the most destrutive players on the pitch in the history of the game.I think Gilli will realise when he's keeping wkts while Dhoni is batting that gilli is no longer the best.Gillchrist was and still is a great great player, but in Dhoni we now have a player that has the potential to even overshadow Gillchrist.

masterblaster

International Captain
If you're convinced he is already a class act, then you'd be totally wrong. Wait until he plays the same number of games as Gilchrist has in tests and odi's and has the same amount of success. Then he'll be a class act.

As an Indian supporter, I can only hope Dhoni has a fantastic career ahead of him. But this is a complete overreaction.

Maybe i spoke too soon, i guess i should have waited. However i can safely say that this guy will now be the keeper for India in BOTH format of the game and will do a very good job.

I have respect for Karthik too, but Dhoni is now going to shut Karthink out of team.

psxpro

Banned
1 match and you are way too excited bro.
If you want to call Dhoni the next gilchrist then I'll Hamish Marshall the next Bradman.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Buddy, put that thing back in your pants! Wipe that sticky stuff off your screen!

He hit one century. ONE century. And yet you are saying he is "potentially the most destrutive [player] on the pitch in the history of the game".

Comparing him to Gilchrist.. ah.. hahaha...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Buddy, put that thing back in your pants! Wipe that sticky stuff off your screen!

He hit one century. ONE century. And yet you are saying he is "potentially the most destrutive [player] on the pitch in the history of the game".

Comparing him to Gilchrist.. ah.. hahaha...
:D :D :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
If you're convinced he is already a class act, then you'd be totally wrong. Wait until he plays the same number of games as Gilchrist has in tests and odi's and has the same amount of success. Then he'll be a class act.

As an Indian supporter, I can only hope Dhoni has a fantastic career ahead of him. But this is a complete overreaction.

yeah, hes only done well in 1 match (feel free to correct me, i know its not many anyway)

Kumar_42

Cricket Spectator
all the same, the prospect of Dhoni and Sehwag possibly opening the innings certainly appears a potent and destructive combination :mellow:

but i agree its still too early to read to much into that innings

Deja moo

International Captain
Kumar_42 said:
all the same, the prospect of Dhoni and Sehwag possibly opening the innings certainly appears a potent and destructive combination :mellow:

but i agree its still too early to read to much into that innings
As long as Sachin and Ganguly are still in the team, I don't see both Sehwag and Dhoni opening. IMO, 3 is a good position to send one of the two in ( assuming of course, that Dhoni continues to do well).

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
He faced a depleted pakistan attack.With shoiab and shabbir he would have lasted 5 balls.Seriously when he does this consistently then talk

deeps

International 12th Man
GladiatrsInBlue said:

Yes this guy is a dynamite, someone who has the potential to re-write cricket books. I always knew the guy had tremendous potential, but now i'm convinced that the guy is already a class act.

With Sehwag and Dhoni at the crease, India will have potentially the most destrutive players on the pitch in the history of the game.I think Gilli will realise when he's keeping wkts while Dhoni is batting that gilli is no longer the best.Gillchrist was and still is a great great player, but in Dhoni we now have a player that has the potential to even overshadow Gillchrist.

i'm indian, so in a way i'm being hypocritical, but this is the thing i HATE the most about ALOT (not all) indian supporters. One good innings, and they think that they're better than the rest of the world, who have been doing it for years. If the indian team beats australia once, they are convinced they are now the best team in the world. If Dhoni makes a big century in no time, they're convinced that he is better than gilly , who has been destroying attacks for years.

Not even an entire series of big scores will make you better than a proven player. they CAN be better, but it doesn't mean they will... and some indain supporters think they already are

it takes away alot of respect from the fan, and then it's generalized that all indian supporters are like that, and some very intelligent proper fans who know their stuff are also losin respect.

Ppl like amits and rajat from before are prime examples, and there's a few more around here that are the same. shocking

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
i'm indian, so in a way i'm being hypocritical, but this is the thing i HATE the most about ALOT (not all) indian supporters. One good innings, and they think that they're better than the rest of the world, who have been doing it for years. If the indian team beats australia once, they are convinced they are now the best team in the world. If Dhoni makes a big century in no time, they're convinced that he is better than gilly , who has been destroying attacks for years.

Not even an entire series of big scores will make you better than a proven player. they CAN be better, but it doesn't mean they will... and some indain supporters think they already are

it takes away alot of respect from the fan, and then it's generalized that all indian supporters are like that, and some very intelligent proper fans who know their stuff are also losin respect.

Ppl like amits and rajat from before are prime examples, and there's a few more around here that are the same. shocking
Read my signature :p

telsor

U19 12th Man
You are absolutely right. I hear Gilchrist is looking at retirement now that another keeper has scored a century in an ODI. After all, one good innings is all it takes...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL @ this overreaction. A bit premature ;)

imranrabb said:
He faced a depleted pakistan attack.With shoiab and shabbir he would have lasted 5 balls.Seriously when he does this consistently then talk
Not including no-balls of course. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:

So lets have some predictions.

1. How many test runs /centuries/Avg is Dhoni headed for you think in his career.
2. Same as above for ODI's

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Maybe i spoke too soon, i guess i should have waited. However i can safely say that this guy will now be the keeper for India in BOTH format of the game and will do a very good job.

I have respect for Karthik too, but Dhoni is now going to shut Karthink out of team.
First you say you spoke too soon and then you speak to soon again.