• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Move over Gillchrist....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
From Dictionary.com:

o·ver·re·act Audio pronunciation of "overreaction" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vr-r-kt)
intr.v. o·ver·re·act·ed, o·ver·re·act·ing, o·ver·re·acts

To react with unnecessary or inappropriate force, emotional display, or violence.

over·re·action n.
over·re·active adj.

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

overreaction

n : an excessive reaction; a reaction with inappropriate emotional behavior

overreaction - http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=12653

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
So lets have some predictions.

1. How many test runs /centuries/Avg is Dhoni headed for you think in his career.
2. Same as above for ODI's
Thats a long time....let him estimate how many runs he makes over the next 10 ODIs .

telsor said:
You are absolutely right. I hear Gilchrist is looking at retirement now that another keeper has scored a century in an ODI. After all, one good innings is all it takes...
No, he's not retiring, thats coz Dhoni plays for India, had he been playing for Australia......

imranrabb said:
He faced a depleted pakistan attack.With shoiab and shabbir he would have lasted 5 balls.Seriously when he does this consistently then talk

Ha..... Pakistan doesn't have the balls to stop the Indian batting Gods. Sehwag has nearly 99 ave against Pakistan :p , Dravid plays Pak bowlers like they were of a club team, Dhoni has shown what he's capable of in the last match.

Wait till Dhoni strikes back again, and prove you guys dead wrong.

Cloete

International Captain
It's funny. Dhoni has now played 5 matches. In one match (his latest) he hit 148 runs, in his other 4 matches he hit 22 runs. People were calling for Dhoni's head without giving him a cance, now that he makes one good score they're calling him the next Gilchrist...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
It's funny. Dhoni has now played 5 matches. In one match (his latest) he hit 148 runs, in his other 4 matches he hit 22 runs. People were calling for Dhoni's head without giving him a cance, now that he makes one good score they're calling him the next Gilchrist...
Read my signature :p

age_master said:
i wonder if he will ever score another ODI hundred?

Yawn :sleep: !

He will score tons, plenty of them. Its some of ur guys nature to downplay some of Indian cricketers achievement and label them as fluke.

Blaze

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Yawn :sleep: !

He will score tons, plenty of them. Its some of ur guys nature to downplay some of Indian cricketers achievement and label them as fluke.

Wow what do they call the planet you live on?

Blaze

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Earth!

In ur case it must be Jupitar.

Why?

Your signature says it all really.

You didn't see NZers saying move over Bradman when Matt Sinclair made a double hundred on debut..

Blaze said:
Why?

Your signature says it all really.

You didn't see NZers saying move over Bradman when Matt Sinclair made a double hundred on debut..

Its not just a case of scoring a ton, the amount of talent the guy has makes him unique !

And Gilli isn't so great as Bradman ever was.

Choora

State Regular
age_master said:
i wonder if he will ever score another ODI hundred?

I think he will, he has talent to go places, i see a bright future for him.

But then again, there is no need to jump to conclusion and start comparing him with Gilchrist 8-)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That is one of the most over-hyped posts I`ve ever read.

EEEEAAAASSSYYYYY on the red cordial before you post mate!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Its not just a case of scoring a ton, the amount of talent the guy has makes him unique !
The amount of talent he has to average in the mid30s on featherbed Indian pitches against substandard medium pacers and average spinners?