• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gilchrist to change codes?

Josh

International Regular
Gilchrist wouldn't play catcher, I'd wager he'd play Designated Hitter so he didn't have to field.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Gilly is seriously considering this offer for humanitarian reasons. National Emergency Management Agency has issued warning of Huge volcanic eruptions in the Southern Hemisphere due to the Tremors caused by someone named MS DHONI. According to the agency Only way those eruptions could be calmed down is by moving Gilchrist to another Hemisphere.

Md. Kaif, Yuvraj Singh, Gautam Gambhi, Sourav Ganguly are also expected to join Gilly in his humantarian effort.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
shaka said:
Why Herschelle Gibbs?
Hits the ball hard & is one of the very best fielders in the world.

Pont said: "He'd be at first base; he has such quick hands and wouldn't need to run much"

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
IIRC Ed Smith is very heavily into baseball, he wrote some book about the relationship between cricket and baseball (called something like Playing Hard Ball) he also trained with the NY mets

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
IIRC Ed Smith is very heavily into baseball, he wrote some book about the relationship between cricket and baseball (called something like Playing Hard Ball) he also trained with the NY mets
Shame he's not that good at cricket. :p

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
do all pulls go finer than 45 degrees? that's news to me!!! he wouldn't have to adopt the hook shot either cos the balls don't go that high.

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
the perfect player for mine to baseball would be Murali as he could chuck to his hearts content
haha.

But I guess Warne would find it tough to make it in given the recent toughening of drug testing procedures in Baseball...
haha.

Apparently Gilly is seriously considering this offer for humanitarian reasons. National Emergency Management Agency has issued warning of Huge volcanic eruptions in the Southern Hemisphere due to the Tremors caused by someone named MS DHONI. According to the agency Only way those eruptions could be calmed down is by moving Gilchrist to another Hemisphere.
lol wtf?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
do all pulls go finer than 45 degrees? that's news to me!!! he wouldn't have to adopt the hook shot either cos the balls don't go that high.
Most pull shots would be close to or over the foul line

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i think he is able to direct them though, and if he was always pulling to the same spot i think he would get used to it.

all the same hes so good at cricket why would he want to do anything else, let alone spend that much time away from his family