• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bearded XI

Sehwag309

Banned
Why not, there are threads like ***y, Fat, Tall, Short etc etc XI

1) WG. Grace
2) Inzamam
3) Saeed Anwar
4) Saqlain Mustag
5) Maninder Singh
6) Bedi
X
X
X
X
X

Go ahead, make your own

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
hehe great thread as i'm growing a beard at the moment
I couldn't possibly name XI but Anwar would have to be captain.

A couple of Aussie quicks namely Ray Bright and Dennis Lillee I feel could get a go in the XI

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I could see this one coming a mile away. His mine:

1. S Anwar
2. WG Grace (c)
3. V Richards
4. G Chappell
5. A Gurasinga
6. I Ul Haq
7. S Afridi
8. R Marsh (wk)
9. J Gillespie
10. M Kasprowicz
11. B Bedi

Sehwag309

Banned
Slats4ever said:

A couple of Aussie quicks namely Ray Bright and Dennis Lillee I feel could get a go in the XI
So longer the beard, he bats higher up the order

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:

Ray Bright was a spinner wasn't he

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
ray bright was a left arm orthodox bowler. i dunno if he used to have a beard, but i know he's got a moustache tehse days.

Link

State Vice-Captain
lehmann and hayden of late have had that stubble thing going on, does that count?

Swervy

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
ray bright was a left arm orthodox bowler. i dunno if he used to have a beard, but i know he's got a moustache tehse days.
yeah for a time Bright had a beard.

Swervy

International Captain
Gatting....Gooch..Border...Brearley....oooh..what about Geoff Humpage!!!!!

Did Mick Malone, legendary WA and Australian bowler of the late 70's and early 80's,once have a beard??? I am sure he did..maybe....did Richie Robinson, legendary wicketkeeper, have one as well...surely Big Maxy Walker must have had one at some point as well

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Guys who mainly had moustaches only shouldn't be counted - guys like Lillee and Marsh.

Other bearded ones could include Brearley, Geoff Miller, Viv Richards, Marshall, John Maguire (former Qld bowler) and Harbhajan Singh.

As long as WG Grace and Saeed Anwar were in there that's the main thing.