• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***y XI

Langeveldt

Soutie
Gangster said:
good point!

also, rosalie birch is really hot. they should market her in a bikini.
Kournikova has made womens tennis more glamourous (not necessarily for the right reason).. No reason why Rosalie couldnt do the same for womens cricket.. (Except people hate 2-3 an over cricket)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Gangster said:
Well Graeme Smith has a supermodel girlfriend! That's gotta be worth something.
So has Kallis.. And his girlfriend is 10X hotter than Minki.. (Does that count for anything too?)

C_C

International Captain
***y ? i cant evaluate a guy as ***y or not....but handsome or not ? sure.

Here is my handsome XI:

Chris Gayle
Shahid Afridi
Rahul Dravid
Damien Martyn
Chris Cairns
Mahendra Dhoni
Abdul Razzaq
Dan Vettori
Andrew Blignaut
Brett Lee
Glenn McGrath

And this is my butt fugly XI:

Matty Hayden
Virender Sehwag
Sanath Jayasurya
Brian Lara
Inzamam
Darren Lehmann
Adam Gillchrist
Shaun Pollock
Stuart McGill
Muttiah Muralitharan
Andre Nel

The fuglies beat the catwalk models 5-0 me thinks

C_C

International Captain
i think lara definately is ugly... his face is so round that sometimes i wonder if the dude sandpapers his face.....often reminded me of a chappati with little clumps here and there...
and pollock...he isnt ugly....but plain freaky looking....i cant put my finger on it, but Pollock is my idea of a Viking gnome.... :p :p

And Matty Hayden looks like he was time-warped from Adam's family cast in the 1950s....
Jayasurya......well not a single girl i'd ever met thought he is cute or even decent looking.....
Lehmann reminds me a 60 year old with a botched face-job....Gilly....another freakshow look...his face looks like it is cast in a permanent grin with elephant ears...Murali looks like mafia....plain and simple meanie look.

tooextracool

International Coach
C_C said:
***y ? i cant evaluate a guy as ***y or not....but handsome or not ? sure.

Here is my handsome XI:

Glenn McGrath
its a rare occasion when someone thinks that mcgrath is handsome.

tooextracool

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
So has Kallis.. And his girlfriend is 10X hotter than Minki.. (Does that count for anything too?)
pretty much all the SA players have really hot girlfriends and wives. its been like that for quite a while too.

Langeveldt

Soutie
C_C said:
i think lara definately is ugly... his face is so round that sometimes i wonder if the dude sandpapers his face.....often reminded me of a chappati with little clumps here and there...
and pollock...he isnt ugly....but plain freaky looking....i cant put my finger on it, but Pollock is my idea of a Viking gnome.... :p :p

And Matty Hayden looks like he was time-warped from Adam's family cast in the 1950s....
Jayasurya......well not a single girl i'd ever met thought he is cute or even decent looking.....
Lehmann reminds me a 60 year old with a botched face-job....Gilly....another freakshow look...his face looks like it is cast in a permanent grin with elephant ears...Murali looks like mafia....plain and simple meanie look.
I bet you they all have fairly nice girlfriends.. Polly has a lovely wife I know that..

Agh the perks of being an international sportsman..!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For an ugly son of gun, Chris Gayle gets a lot of fanfare. Well he's tall and dark at least. I guess you can't have everything. :mellow:

C_C

International Captain
Just a little social commentary : Notice how most people's definition of 'goodlooking' has been very caucasian-friendly ?
Also notice how some people's definition of ugly are tilted towards the afro-looks ?

Now take a look from historical perspective.... almost all artwork pre-1000 BCE that have been found is afro/mixed-friendly, even amongst quintissential 'caucasian' civilizations like Greece or Crete...from a global perspective, up until that point, the world was very much ruled by afro/mixed people.
From 1000 BCE to approx. 1400 AD you see a period of fragmentation - each region defining beauty as subjective to their ethnical nature....Indian concept of beauty is the quintissential mixed perspective(albeit leaning towards the caucasian side-no surprise there as 1500 BCE or thereabouts was the arrival of caucasian folks in the subcontinent, who then established themselves in the society), Chinese concept of beauty depicting quintissential chinese features, same for japanese, african and european.

Now look at the post 1300s AD era.... up until very recently ( maybe 5-10 years ago), the global definition of beauty was moving more and more towards caucasian leanings...everywhere you see artwork/conceptualisation of beauty (culturally speaking) took a distinctively pro-caucasian path. From the global perspective, the caucasian ethnicity has been the most dominant since that time period... and it still is (albeit far more inter-regional communication and multiculturalism of the past decade or so have done its bit in denting that perspetive and giving recognition to alternate thoughtstreams).

Makes you wonder.... we all know that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and its a rather subjective term...but is the concept of 'classical beauty' that society holds as the collective benchmark merely dependent on which ethnicity is the most dominant in the global sense ?

Also makes you wonder that if multiculturalism keeps up to a point where the color of someone's skin is no more important than someone's height(from a social perspective, not individual perspective), would we reach a point in human history where a big blobby nose like Lara's is seen as beautiful as an aqualine nose of Chris Cairns ?

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is an excellent point. It is pertaining to race, but not actually a racist comment. A classic example of the whole situation is that of Michael Jackson (appearance-wise). I do believe he has a skin condition of sorts, but I also believe he has altered himself to suit his appearance due a preference for the mainstream "white" good looks.

Let's not stray off topic though. :happy:

psxpro

Banned
Ummm None of you find Styris ***y or ugly?
Well hes ugliest cricket I have seen but he really turns me on that way, ugly cricketers are ***y.