• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langeveldt's English Season Photos 2005

Langeveldt

Soutie
Its my birthday on Thursday, and today my new lens arrived for my camera, I'm loving the results :D

Photos are best viewed saved to your PC, and viewed in Windows Image Preview (double click)

Last edited by a moderator:

Langeveldt

Soutie
sledger said:
hmmm nice :)

what do you make of blackwell as a player btw ?
I'd have him over Giles in the one day setup.. To be honest, he is an inferior bowler, but his batting is very very dominant.. He is one of the biggest entertainers the CG has seen, and thats saying a lot.. I'd say he's worth more perhaps than Gileo

Saying that, I could see him struggle against the top international attacks, and his record isn't the best..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Langeveldt said:
I'd have him over Giles in the one day setup.. To be honest, he is an inferior bowler, but his batting is very very dominant.. He is one of the biggest entertainers the CG has seen, and thats saying a lot.. I'd say he's worth more perhaps than Gileo

Saying that, I could see him struggle against the top international attacks, and his record isn't the best..
yes i would say the same, he is a powerful batsman no doubting that, its great to see him when its paying off, if he could be relied upon more then yes maybe he should be included, but the fact that he cant, and his bowling is inferior to giles would mean to me that his inclusion would be a huge gamble that would be unlikely to pay off against a good attack, making him somewhat of a liabilty,

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
To be fair he'd bat at 8 and Giles' economy is actually very good (apparently because he's been lucky enough not to have anyone go after him when he bowls)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Nice photos Rich.

If you've like them added to the Cricket Web Photos section email them through to me :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:

Can't bowl, can't bat, can't field. No thanks... :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
sledger said:
ah yes so it is, the less said of him and his dire performances the better.
wouldn't say he was that bad! Especially with competition from the likes of Sajid Mahmood and Kabir Ali

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Langeveldt said:
wouldn't say he was that bad! Especially with competition from the likes of Sajid Mahmood and Kabir Ali
fair point, kabir has proven himself a bit more on the recent tour of SA, we wont be seeing mahmood for a while either fortunately

my only memories of johnson are those of that tour or sri lanka and prior to that, based on that evidence he looked to me as someone who was clearly not up to the job, and probably never will be.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice photos so far Langeveldt, good to see a selection of the Somerset team in the earlier part of the season. Keep them coming mate! :)