• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
You do me an injustice sir, I've been a keeper a lot more than you have and in adult cricket too. :p

But yeah, my arm does generally consign me to the boundary. :cry:
On that subject, I've been working on my arm over Christmas. I can now almost get the cricket ball from one end of Triangle to the other.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
superkingdave said:
So

Pipkin
Pitt
Hingston
Gough
Crampton+
Weber
Patrick
Pickup*
Dickinson
Mitchell
Gray
LOL @ my elevation above the two best players CW has to offer. :cool:

I hope anyone isn't expecting me to hang around for too long - as it stands I haven't batted in 6 months, and might not get the chance to do so any time soon. I'll play some shots and see how it goes. :)

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, only just noticed this thread. I havent played cricket in a fair few years, so would never venture myself for a game (though i'm sure i could do a turn in the field, the dodgy super sub fielder style ;)), but if i'm free i'll have to come down and offer support (and join in the post match drunkeness)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
cpr said:
Hmm, only just noticed this thread. I havent played cricket in a fair few years, so would never venture myself for a game (though i'm sure i could do a turn in the field, the dodgy super sub fielder style ;)), but if i'm free i'll have to come down and offer support (and join in the post match drunkeness)
Post-match drunkenness might not get off the ground in a big way - a few of the team are underage and at least one (possibly two, not sure about whether Rich H does these days) are teetotal - but I'm more than willing to have a pint or two with anyone else. Yourself, Mitchell, Patrick, Goughy, Tarick - I'm sure someone'll fancy a beverage. :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Post-match drunkenness might not get off the ground in a big way - a few of the team are underage and at least one (possibly two, not sure about whether Rich H does these days) are teetotal - but I'm more than willing to have a pint or two with anyone else. Yourself, Mitchell, Patrick, Goughy, Tarick - I'm sure someone'll fancy a beverage. :)
Sounds like a fine idea. :cool:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You`re the man Pickup.

Haha, how old is Tarick? Up for some lolly water after the game. ;)

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Getting to Cookley doesn't seem too bad. Had a quick look, and Kidderminster can be trained to from London and Birmingham, and there's a bus from Kidderminster to Cookley.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Wow. Have so many stated availability. Was just about to say "**** Bradford. I'm coming." Confined to cheerleader duty, am I?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
Wow. Have so many stated availability. Was just about to say "**** Bradford. I'm coming." Confined to cheerleader duty, am I?
I guess you'd push out a maybe if you confirmed.