• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
And that'd be...two?

On another note, the count of spellings of "Norwegian" has risen to four...
Oh I can spell Norwegian (as I've had to in the CW match reports), I just prefer Norwayese. I also know about 4 or 5.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
4 or 5! i live close to him and STILL i only know 1 and 1 who moved to there

twctopcat

International Regular
Tom Cowans
Either exeter or winchester not sure (EX4 or SO22)
10 for sure
Any restrictions - british rail. Cant do 14/15th June, or 15th ish july - graduation.
I suck at cricket also so if game was involved i'm dickie bird. :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
kwek said:
4 or 5! i live close to him and STILL i only know 1 and 1 who moved to there
Liam's sister lived here for a bit, I think.

Besides, Netherlands is what...three countries and the North Sea away? ;)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Desire to meet up: 7
Chances of being in in the UK in July: 0

Just wanted to have an effect on the meeting place, I'd love to see some pics from the UAE when you guys meet there in July! :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee
LE15
How much they'd like to come to a meet-up (/10) 9.6
Any restrictions (travelling times, days, distances, etc)Parents :(
Try to put it in the summer holidays. "Sir, I won't be at school tomorrow, as I am going to a cricket website meet-up"

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
it certainly will be in a holiday! as i have to come over and Hakon (maybe) and i think it would be best for everyone if it is in a holiday. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Okay, let's do this properly this year.

What I want people to post is...

Name
Location in the UK (plus postcode for ease of location - first part is sufficient)
How much they'd like to come to a meet-up (/10)
Any restrictions (travelling times, days, distances, etc)
Any other info

Neil Pickup
Exeter (EX4)
10 (well, I have started the thread...)
Easy train access needed

What I'll do in a few weeks is whack all this into a spreadsheet/database and work out the optimum meeting location. Geography being what it is, it will probably be in the middle of a lake somewhere, so ideally the person who lives closest to the point (I'm assuming this will end up somewhere Wiltshire-ish) may be able to find a decent place for it to happen. A cricket ground where we can have a decent six-a-side would suit.

Fire...
Name: Richard Dickinson
Location in the UK (plus postcode for ease of location - first part is sufficient): Exeter EX2 4RW
How much they'd like to come to a meet-up (/10): 10
Any restrictions (travelling times, days, distances, etc): give me 2 weeks notice I can be just about anywhere
Any other info: anyone in the south-west is more than welcome to grab a lift if I'm passing
Speaking of which... any news (Neil and Tom) on June 11th yet?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
he's such a good boy young Richard Dickinson :P
common people sign up ! who not wants to meet the famous CW XI coach !

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eddie and the duck
Location in the UK - Derby DE74
Weekends only
Weekdays if anyone ever gets over to Paddyland

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
Eddie and the duck
Weekends only
likely will be a weekend Ed :) most likely date, is the weekend of 16/17 of july :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
kwek said:
likely will be a weekend Ed :) most likely date, is the weekend of 16/17 of july :)
Shouldn't be going away - daughter's graduation is on the 12th in Dirty Leeds so I'm likely to be around that weekend.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
Eddie and the duck
Weekends only
'T'would be a majesty, nay a sublimity, to meet the great Ducky.

twctopcat

International Regular
Should be a busy week for cricket. Is anyone going to the tsunami match at lords on the 14th?? I would prefer that out of the two.