• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/Favourite Cricketing Venues?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
What would you think would be great cricketing venues to watch cricket.. in terms of enjoying the game at its very best and the whole atmosphere of the game in all..

Tests - Lords, MCG

ODI - MCG, Eden Gardens, Carisbrook!

deeps

International 12th Man
the waca is my fav ground....said to have the best lights in the world as well, and it's just such a nice wonderful ground as well

masterblaster

International Captain
MCG without a doubt. Nothing like a sell out 85,000+ capacity crowd at a Day/Night One Day game, its such a beautiful sight and such an electric atmosphere.

masterblaster

International Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
^ now what about Tests Sangrah!
Well I've only been to the MCG for tests, so that'd get my vote too. Boxing Day test is special. Lords would be awesome to go to as well.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say I love Eden Park for ODIs, awesome atmosphere even though NZ has lost almost every time, would be absolutely awesome when NZ's winning, can only imagine what it would be like really.

For tests maybe The Oval (saw a FC game when I was last in England, great experience) or the Basin Reserve, or if you ignore the pitch Westpac Park in Hamilton.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
In terms of the atmosphere, the MCG and Lords. As far as a ground which is nice looking is concerned, I like the SCG.

Beleg

International Regular
lord,

WC 92 semi-final was a cool afair. And I loved the laid-back, down to earth, 'cricketish' atmosphere when we last played there. (I think that was in 2001)

dro87

U19 12th Man
ODI - MCG or Ippodromo delle Capannelle (my home ground... would love a ODI here in Rome)

Test- Lords, Brit Oval or Old Trafford

Blaze

Banned
Basin Reserve for both ODI's and tests in my mind.

All the NZ players say it is their faviourte ground to play at and I can see why