• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

worst batsman to watch you have ever seen?

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Who is the most useless or boring batsman you have ever seen play?

For me it was derek Kenway for Hamshire against glamorgan last year he made a 50 i think but he never looked in and insisted on taking his guard every single over without fail. I also watched a very tedious century for sussex agaisnt hampshire he didnt seem a bad player but it was very dull.
watching zimbabwe bat at lords a couple of years ago was also very embarsing. Anthony mgrath got 5 wickets that pretty much sums it up

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When Chris Tavare was in defensive mode he was horrible - didnt even attempt to rotate strike let alone play attacking cricket.

Graham Fowler scored a century against WI in 1984 where he seemed to miss more than he hit.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
kepler wessels...for a left-handed batsman, he had a very awkward batting style, very ugly to watch...of course he was quite effective... :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
while i think he's a really good batsman, i find stephen fleming's complete lack of a backswing frustrating, for no particular reason.