• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Most Toothless Bowler of All time !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The Most Toothless Bowler of All time ! .....

......Syd Barnes......on his 90th birthday :sleep:

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Argh. You beat me to it. Brilliant spinner he was.
I don't think 3 Tests is sufficient to judge somebody as a toothless bowler in Tests. I mean Warne had a similar average at that time IIRC.

(I'm fully aware Raul Lewis isn't in the same ballpark as Shane Warne, but I hope you try and get my point :) )

Craig

World Traveller
SJS said:
I believe he had hardly any of his own teeth left by then :)
:laugh:

I never thought I would find somebody as funny as Eddie, but you have matched it. I burst out laughing just reading it.

Like I once said to Eddie, you never cease to amaze me (this is with the highest respect).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
:laugh:

I never thought I would find somebody as funny as Eddie, but you have matched it. I burst out laughing just reading it.

Like I once said to Eddie, you never cease to amaze me (this is with the highest respect).
Thanks

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Top_Cat said:
David Hookes. First person to get that obscure reference receives a Wowie Pop.
I really really hope, that in the interest of good taste, your not referring to a certain bouncer "knocking his teeth out" on Beaconsfield Parade??

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
I really really hope, that in the interest of good taste, your not referring to a certain bouncer "knocking his teeth out" on Beaconsfield Parade??
My thoughts exactly

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Swervy said:
david 'Gnasher' Ward who played for Surrey a few years ago is the most toothFUL player I know..just cant find a picture
Ah yes, I remember Mr Ed. This may be a picture of him here

Cheers,

Mike