• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia..The greatest sporting team to visit New Zealand???

C_C

International Captain
In the eighties WI played 6 tests in NZ winning 1 losing 2 drawing 3.
that is irrelevant.
Results are dependent on BOTH teams...not just one....to base it on that is to say that the Eng team that visited WI last year is superior than the ENG team of the 60s inclusive of some excellent/great players...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
and the strength of a team is dependent on their results.... so therefore it's not really irrelevant

C_C

International Captain
PS: going by the same logic, the Saffies are the best team to visit IND shores in the last 10 years or so : RSA vs IND in IND is : RSA :3 IND : 3 Draw : 1
and AUS vs IND in IND is : IND : 6 AUS : 4 Draw: 1
8-) 8-)

C_C

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
and the strength of a team is dependent on their results.... so therefore it's not really irrelevant
Therefore you agree, by same logic, that over the last 10 years, OZ arnt the greatest team to visit IND but RSA is, correct ?
Afterall, i am going by pure statistics.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
that is irrelevant.
Results are dependent on BOTH teams...not just one....to base it on that is to say that the Eng team that visited WI last year is superior than the ENG team of the 60s inclusive of some excellent/great players...
Well if NZ had a better record than the WI then you must mean that NZ of the eighties are the best followed by WI of the eighties then Australia of the naughties.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
Therefore you agree, by same logic, that over the last 10 years, OZ arnt the greatest team to visit IND but RSA is, correct ?
Maybe you need to read the title of the thread C_C.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
C_C said:
yes... i am agreeing with that fact.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
C_C said:
that is irrelevant.

and NZ were particularly good back than?

C_C

International Captain
and NZ were particularly good back than?
considerably better than what they are now.

yes... i am agreeing with that fact.
then you have a different definition of 'better' than i do.

Maybe you need to read the title of the thread C_C.
C'mon ya rabid aussie man, no beating around the bush. I wanna hear you say it. Do you agree with me then that using the SAME logic you've used, OZ arnt the best team to visit the IND shores but RSA is over the last 10-odd years ? I will bet ya 10 bucks that you lack the balls to admit that like Slatz did.

C_C

International Captain
age_master said:
but is that relevant as RSA is never going to play Australia in India
So it this thread relevant ?because whoever it is - Braddle's invincibles, WI of the 80s or the current OZ team...they arnt gonna play each other in NZ..
8-)

PS: where did ya go Scally ? ran away ? too much logic and too little aussie-chanting for you ?
:D

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
C'mon ya rabid aussie man, no beating around the bush. I wanna hear you say it. Do you agree with me then that using the SAME logic you've used, OZ arnt the best team to visit the IND shores but RSA is over the last 10-odd years ? I will bet ya 10 bucks that you lack the balls to admit that like Slatz did.

C_C you seem to have lost the plot but I'll humor you, yes RSA are the best team to visit India in the last ten years and that is borne out of their results.

So do you now have the balls to admit that Australia is the best team to visit New Zealand.

C_C

International Captain
C_C you seem to have lost the plot but I'll humor you, yes RSA are the best team to visit India in the last ten years and that is borne out of their results.
Am impressed by your idiocy as well as your courage. I knew you'd be back..just had to go and take a few swigs of that Whiskey to work up the cojones i bet.
:D

So what you are saying is that OZ are not the best team over the last 10 years and the best team in the last 10 years to visit IND is RSA.
8-)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Australia's current lineu p is the greatest ever produced in test cricket. comparing to other sports now, umm probably, maybe a classy Wallablies, Boks or Lions side but well so many of the current aussies have such good records compared to those over the entire history of the game you would have to doubt it

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
So what you are saying is that OZ are not the best team over the last 10 years and the best team in the last 10 years to visit IND is RSA.
8-)
Care to point out where i said OZ are not the best team in the last ten years.

Yes I agree that RSA have played better than Aus in India in the last ten years but playing in India alone does not make you the best team in the world, well not to fans other than Indian fans.

Australia have performed better than the WI team in New Zealand in the 80's making them the best team to visit NZ, can you understand that logic.

C_C

International Captain
age_master said:
Australia's current lineu p is the greatest ever produced in test cricket. comparing to other sports now, umm probably, maybe a classy Wallablies, Boks or Lions side but well so many of the current aussies have such good records compared to those over the entire history of the game you would have to doubt it
i disagree that it is the greatest ever lineup.

C_C

International Captain
Care to point out where i said OZ are not the best team in the last ten years.
if OZ arnt the best team to visit IND in the last 10 years, how are they the best team in the last 10 years ?

but playing in India alone does not make you the best team in the world, well not to fans other than Indian fans.
same applies in the case of WI record in NZ.
Playing in NZ alone doesnt make you the best team in the world.

Australia have performed better than the WI team in New Zealand in the 80's making them the best team to visit NZ, can you understand that logic.
by that logic, OZ are the best team to visit new zealand and OZ arnt the best team in the last 10 years to visit IND but the best team to visit IND was RSA. 8-)