• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa v West Indies

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like WI's lack of Twenty20 experience was shown up, although I'm sure SA would have won if it was 50 overs anyway. I think WI cricket as a whole would really benefit from a domestic 20 over competition.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
Sounds like WI's lack of Twenty20 experience was shown up, although I'm sure SA would have won if it was 50 overs anyway. I think WI cricket as a whole would really benefit from a domestic 20 over competition.
I know you are a big advocate of it, but AFAIK there is no domestic Twenty20 in Aus?? And they scored shedloads in their first Twenty20 international game..

Scaly piscine

Langeveldt said:
I know you are a big advocate of it, but AFAIK there is no domestic Twenty20 in Aus?? And they scored shedloads in their first Twenty20 international game..
There is one being introduced for next season. Also there were plenty of Australians playing in England's domestic Twenty20 anyway, there was no way Australia were going to be under-prepared for that game like WI were just now (obviously they didn't know in advance it was going to become a 20 over game). Also I wasn't just referring to the WI team I was referring to WI cricket as a whole, financially WI need it, also they need more people interested in cricket there with all the American sports eating away at the popularity of cricket. With the World Cup coming up in two years it's a good time to introduce it as well.

shaka

International Regular
Well done South Africa on 5-0 sweep! even though the final game was pretty much a twenty20 match.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
shaka said:
Well done South Africa on 5-0 sweep! even though the final game was pretty much a twenty20 match.
And the best of them...!Seriously twenty20 is much exciting and better than ODI's...Once in a blue moon we get an exciting match like the last over hat-trick match...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
With Lara averaging 14.8 in the series, a top score of 32 and Windies being whitewashed, its a bit strange that the knives are not out for the worlds best left handed batsman ??

Scaly piscine

SJS said:
With Lara averaging 14.8 in the series, a top score of 32 and Windies being whitewashed, its a bit strange that the knives are not out for the worlds best left handed batsman ??
The Pakistan series being immediately after the SA series has probably saved him for the time being.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Maybe the Windies need a psychologist? A good one? And one with some sports connections. It's not entirely the same thing but Jamaica employed one for the Carib Beer Series and they didn't do too badly. The players responded well to it. She, the psychologist had previously applied at the WICB but they rejected her. Maybe it'll help.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'd say Dwayne Bravo was the West Indies' Man of the Series. Seriously what was Dwayne Smith doing out there. Geez!! Even Ricardo Powell would have batted better. He needs to learn how to play on the offside before he gets into international cricket again.