• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa v West Indies

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

geeeeez, south africa were utterly hammered around the Bourda Ground today, shaun pollock was surely missed today

shaka

International Regular
Well done Hinds / Chanderpaul, i could not believe what i was seeing when i looked at the score after about 60 overs they were on 250

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God, I hope South Africa get a thrashing. Hopefully the West Indies can pile on about 700. Will be interesting if the sponsorship disput is over and done with before the 2nd test, and if the Windies selectors will include the 'other' players.

But in saying that, there is still a long way to go in this test match.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Do we know whether Wavell Hinds would have played ahead of Dev Smith if the others were available?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:

I criticised Kallis, then gave credit to Smith.
One has to congratulate Mighty Mouth Smith for getting 8 overs out of him?

Maybe I miss all your positive vibes around here..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
God, I hope South Africa get a thrashing. Hopefully the West Indies can pile on about 700. Will be interesting if the sponsorship disput is over and done with before the 2nd test, and if the Windies selectors will include the 'other' players.

But in saying that, there is still a long way to go in this test match.
IT IS over and done with and all the players ARE going to be available for the next test.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wpdavid said:
Do we know whether Wavell Hinds would have played ahead of Dev Smith if the others were available?
Wavell Hinds was a certainty to play regardless of the dispute. He would either have played ahead of Ryan Hinds or Devon Smith.

Don

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
Still, Chanderpaul batted beautifuly, I don't like watching him that much, but he seems to be a top bloke for WI cricket, absolutely great that he is leading the WI in my opinion... And Hinds took us apart tbh..
are u insane he's more fun to watch the bloody lara klusner and sobers rolled up in 1heaping pile of batting goop.

i wanna see Shiv the capitan tiger narine chanderpaul bowl some leggies

Legglancer

State Regular
WI 353/3 on the 85th over ....... only 5 runs scored off the last 4 overs !

SA bowlers using the new ball effectively so far.

Legglancer

State Regular
Great Double By Hinds ..... :D :D off just 250 balls. Fantastic innings by all accounts. Wish I could have watched it live.

Congradulations Mr Hinds :thumbs_up :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :beer:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Available, yes. Selected...?
I don't think there's anything preventing them from being selected, and I don't think the WICB would feel the need to reprimand them, as they haven't really done anything wrong. Lara, Gayle and Sarwan would be certain starters, probably Bravo as well. Depends on how well the bowlers do in this match I guess.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
I don't think there's anything preventing them from being selected, and I don't think the WICB would feel the need to reprimand them, as they haven't really done anything wrong. Lara, Gayle and Sarwan would be certain starters, probably Bravo as well. Depends on how well the bowlers do in this match I guess.
That's all true. However the selectors could feel that the guys have done the job in this first test, and should stay for the 2nd.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
That's all true. However the selectors could feel that the guys have done the job in this first test, and should stay for the 2nd.
In the case of Lara (captain), Sarwan (vice) and Gayle (life of the team IMO), there is no way they could justify leaving them out. Ganga has to go - he's been performing too poorly for too long - then it's simply a matter of getting rid of two out of Pagon, R Hinds, Deonarine and Smith, not really a difficult task even if one or two of them perform (and Pagon has, to an extent).