• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa v West Indies

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Some really ordinary captaincy from fat Gray. Yeah, Boje was carted in the two overs he bowled, but he has to be the better option.

Nel's looked pretty impressive, certainly when compared to the other seamers. Say what you will about him (& I have!) he's a whole-hearted bowler.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
How can he be clearly unfit when he was bowling so well two weeks ago?

Ohh, I remember. There was the prospect of cheap wickets two weeks ago.
In the pre-match buildup there was concern over his ankle (?), but the South African camp claimed him fit leading into this match. Kallis is not fit.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
this is good for windies, the extra responsibiltiy on Hinds and Chanderpaul has paid off. As the two remianing old timers they've realised it was up to them and have responded. I expect a draw though but i'd like to see the windies bowlers give it a good effort

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You've not watched much cricket in the West Indies. You missed 400 not out?

Langeveldt looks hugely unimpressive at the moment. Not looking like taking a wicket and trying to bowl to a plan, but not getting it in the right areas often enough.

FOUR more to Hinds.
I've watched every home (WI) series since about 1997..

And your pitches are getting more and more and more boring :D

Im guessing a De Villiers 100 on Saturday, followed by ZA racking about 550 up.. If it was a timeless test they might be beaten :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well batted Chanders....scoring at a good rate WI as well, rackup six fifty tommorow, then roll the Saffies out cheaply twice - a pair for Brumby's mate 'fat gray' would be nice...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah goodie Kallis took another pummelling, one has to congratulate mighty mouth for squeezing 8 overs out of him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dar said:
this is good for windies, the extra responsibiltiy on Hinds and Chanderpaul has paid off. As the two remianing old timers they've realised it was up to them and have responded. I expect a draw though but i'd like to see the windies bowlers give it a good effort
Chanderpaul has always taken on the responsibility though.

Last 29 Tests (not including the current match):

2258 runs
Avge: 55.07
100s: 9
50s: 9
0s: 4

The 51 Tests before:

2934 runs
Avge: 38.60
100s: 2
50s: 23
0s: 5

twctopcat

International Regular
Great performance by the windies boys. The saffies looked decidedly lost. As if their brains were erased with mind rubbers and forgot how to bowl, which is a shame. :p

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Well played Chanderpaul, took them to the cleaners when you thought he was going to play for not out overnight. Swapped roles nicely with Hinds, when Hinds was attackin, he was supportin, when Chanderpaul attacked, Hinds simply shut up shop. Would like to see themconsolidate tomorrow morning [they are ahead of required RR for tests ATM anyway] then demolish them after lunch

Langeveldt

Soutie
Reckon SA were in Autopilot, still in Zimbabwe mode probably.. To be fair though when the ball is hitting Boucher on the third bounce, you have issues, when half of your attack are back of the length hit the bat hard merchants...

Still, Chanderpaul batted beautifuly, I don't like watching him that much, but he seems to be a top bloke for WI cricket, absolutely great that he is leading the WI in my opinion... And Hinds took us apart tbh..

My prediction, draw... :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
Ah goodie Kallis took another pummelling, one has to congratulate mighty mouth for squeezing 8 overs out of him.
Do you thrive on people's misfortune and adversity? It just seems like a recurring theme... Okay Kallis was pants as he has been for a while with the ball, but nothing good to say about anything? Chanders? Hinds? Pagon?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
Is it me, or does Kallis look like he really doesn't fancy bowling at all? Even allowing for his injuries he's bowled well within himself. Hardly touched 80mph all day.
Interesting.

He was keen to bowl in the last series, but not the series before.

Now he's suddenly got some form of injury...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langeveldt said:
Do you thrive on people's misfortune and adversity? It just seems like a recurring theme... Okay Kallis was pants as he has been for a while with the ball, but nothing good to say about anything? Chanders? Hinds? Pagon?
I think you'll find my post was perfectly balanced, just like the BBC...

I criticised Kallis, then gave credit to Smith.

I dunno some people are never happy are they?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good day for the Windies. If at least one of these two doesn't stay there I expect a batting collapse. Not to the tune of previous recent ones though. The bowling's not penetrative enough nor the pitch that good for bowling. Somewhere around 450. I would like to see Wavell get 200 though.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
it's probably been said before, but what the heck...Congratulations Shiv!! And an unbelievably attacking innings by Hinds.

Keep at it!