Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England's Ashes hopes vs Australia's sure Ashes chances

England's Ashes hopes vs Australia's sure Ashes chances

welllllllll, if one was to look how dominat Australia have been in test this season and how iffy my English boys played in South Africa but still won , people would think well another ashes drubbing for the poms, but i for one dont think so, but surely its goin to be extremely though for England. The key to that series will be how england handle that fantastic Australian Bowling act, if they do well which in my view is going to be so hard, they will stand a good chance because the england bowlers have been doing excellently has a group in the last year and i feel they could challenge the aussie batsmen on a given day in the series. But looking at australia's Batmen Langer has been is good for this season while MATT ``the big bat`` will start the series without a century in year and of recent he has really gone off the boil, i wont say the lad is out of form but he is getting starts but not goin on, for my beloved Englishmen that must continue, in the middle order Ponting & Martyn are the form Batsmen, Martyn for one is in the Form of his life, Katich looks to be a good steady batsman while ``WONDER BOY``, Micheal Clarke hasn't really pressed on sice his phenominal debut series in India and Home ton againts the Kiwis for me its all happened so fast him he just need time to settle but i wont underestimate the lad he surely has a huge future & huge potential & England should & wont underestimate him. While ``Agent #7`` Gilchrist will always be a treat.
    The minor battle will come from aussie bats vs the Poms bolwers.

But has i wrote earlier the ashes battle is England's Batsmen vs Australia's Bowlers.

ALL who dont have tickets should be gutted

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    I recognise you're enthusiasm but do we really need another thread at this moment in time?

Anyway 4-0 Australia for me
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

aussie

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    I recognise you're enthusiasm but do we really need another thread at this moment in time?

Anyway 4-0 Australia for me
    its up to u mate

4-0 sounds reasonable, with rain saving england in the other match. there's no way they'll win more tests than us, unless they win the first and the other 4 are washed out.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    3-2 to Australia seems to flash up in my mind whenever I think of how the Ashes will go..I dont know why.

Next most likely result for me would be 3-1 Australia.

But who knows...England might get 1-0 up and it might **** it down the rest of the summer
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

aussie

thier is one sure thing whenevr australia loses the ashes, that will be a sure sign that the aussies are declining, but if i am to be honest dont that will happen this time, i would say england have a better chance when they go down under in 2006 before the World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    thier is one sure thing whenevr australia loses the ashes, that will be a sure sign that the aussies are declining, but if i am to be honest dont that will happen this time, i would say england have a better chance when they go down under in 2006 before the World Cup
    nah..England have no chance in Australia..if England are going to do it before the world cup, its right now

International Vice-Captain
    I definitely think England will get at least one test but I don't think they're quite good enough to win the whole series, I'd say 3-2 or 3-1 to the Aussies.

aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    nah..England have no chance in Australia..if England are going to do it before the world cup, its right now
    well has i just said i dont htink they can win it this time, i saw in 2006 cause well england wont have too much of a different team when they go down under, while maybe Australia might have a few changes in places like the opening slot durng that series Langer will be a 36 and maybe names like Hussey & Jaques could come into the equation if also Hayden starts failing. Probably also the legends McGrath & Warne might not be their but looking at Glenn's fitness & performacnes of sice his return he will be in that series.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie

ALL who dont have tickets should be gutted
    Nah, if I wanted to watch a slaughter, I'd go and rent Pearl Harbour..

I hope everyone who does go to any matches wears black armbands?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

I'd say it's a fair bet we'll take at least one test off The Crims, it's a long while since we haven't won at least one.

The sad fact is tho that we've only won one live test since 86/87 when the urn was still at stake. I'm hoping we can at least double that total this year (to 2 live wins overall, not 2 live wins in the series, think that's altogether too optimistic).

3-1 to the Aussies sounds about right.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt

why..should we be mourning the disapearance of a decent South African team or something

aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt

hehehehe, ur funny mate

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    i wouldnt be so sure, by the time the ashes in australia come around a lot of englands team will be reaching or at their very peak, where as australia will be at there best, it could well be a golden opportunity for england to take back the ashes, michael vaughn seems to see it that way anyway.

East London/West Essex whichever you like
    In your post Aussie, you seem to be talking more about the Aussies, so i am taking it upon myself to talk about our men.
    At the top, we have Trescothick and Strauss, who have exceeded all expectation of recent, who would have thought Strauss would start with such a blast and nobody honestly expected Tres to conquer his Saffie demons. These two showed that they are solid in their patnerships so far and as both go into the series in decent touch, they could be a force to reckon with. The middle order is not very settled at the moment with Key, Butcher, Bell and maybe even Pietersen vying fo the one available spot. Key seems to be in possesion at the moment, but if Butcher is fit, selectors will almost definitely go with hm for experience and past success against Aus. The most sensible choice seems to be bell as he is the one who looks like he has the technique and temperament to defy the mighty Aus attack. Pietersen on the other hand definitely didn't do his chances no harm by his exploits in the ODIs. Vaughan will most definitely be a marked man after the havoc he wrecked last time out against Aus. Thorpe , i don't know what is gonna happen with him [after an indifferent series against SA] but he carries alot of England's hopes on his shoulders as he is our resident grinder and tough guy. Flintoff and Jones are going to be important men in creating an England total and how well they fair will determine whether the toatl is going to be ''alright'' or ''decent''.

Having said that, i feel the main battle in this series is going to be between our bowler and the Aus batsmen. I beleive that Hoggy, Freddie and Gilo are going to hold their own all the way through the series and it is going to be tough for the Aussies, but if Harmy hits the straps early on and continues throughout, i dare say the Aus bowlers are not going to have much to bowl at.

ATM i feel England will win atleast one match but the Aus confidence will probably pull them through. say 2-1 to Aus[IMO ATM] that opinion could well change by the time of the series
    I hereby declare myself founder and leader of JAAS-James Anderson Appreciation Society

my favourite upcoming players
    AN Cook[Essex], IR Bell[Waricks]

Proud Member of Kevin Pietesen's Appreciation Society.

Glenn McGrath - 30 deliveries - 2 runs - 5 wickets

Bowling O M R W
    Harmison 12.3 8 12 7

Two most destructive pieces of bowling i have ever witnessed

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information