• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ashes - For the neutrals

Who would you like to see win the Ashes

• Total voters

Blaze

Banned
I am interested to see who everyone is supporting / wanting to win the upcoming ashes series

psxpro

Banned
Blaze said:
I am interested to see who everyone is supporting / wanting to win the upcoming ashes series

I'm a kiw and I'm supporting Aus. They play the most exciting cricket and I enjoy their brilliant dominance against other teams and england are not a team I like.

So go aussie.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
England. Because Australia wins all the time and it's annoying. And because they are next in line to be number one.

Blaze

Banned
I hate English sports teams and support every other team they are playing against in any sport..

I support all other teams when they are playing against Aus as well other than England.

So the Ashes are quite fun for me because it's the only time in cricket that I actually want Australia to do well and I can sit back and watch their briliance and actually enjoy it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I like the Australian team and enjoy watching them play at their best, so I'd like to see them do well. Above all though I want to see a competitive Ashes series. It's a special event having the Ashes be 1st vs 2nd, and it hasn't happened for 30 years or so, so it would be disappointing if Australia ran away with it.

My tip is 3-1.

Blaze

Banned
FaaipDeOiad said:
I like the Australian team and enjoy watching them play at their best, so I'd like to see them do well. Above all though I want to see a competitive Ashes series. It's a special event having the Ashes be 1st vs 2nd, and it hasn't happened for 30 years or so, so it would be disappointing if Australia ran away with it.

My tip is 3-1.
Your not a neutral though are you?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Your not a neutral though are you?
Haha, perhaps not. I don't think of myself as a particularly parochial supporter mind you, but I AM Australian.

Guess I missed the thread title and just read the opening post. :p

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Blaze said:
I hate English sports teams and support every other team they are playing against in any sport..

I support all other teams when they are playing against Aus as well other than England.
Well that's just dandy... :dry:

arjwiz

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm indian, and I'm supporting England. I like the English team, they're not a bad unit anymore. They have a few good men as well. Also, being Indian, I will always be against a team that is better than us - Australia.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
arjwiz said:
I'm indian, and I'm supporting England. I like the English team, they're not a bad unit anymore. They have a few good men as well. Also, being Indian, I will always be against a team that is better than us - Australia.
England are also better then India as well now

C_C

International Captain
this is a toughie.

As an IND fan, i would like to see ENG get smashed 5-0 so they drop behind IND in rankings :D :D

But as a cricket fan, i would like to see a wonderfully played close series with the victor taking it 3-2 in closely faught matches...
and since my cricket fan aspect trumps my IND fan aspect, i would have to say i dont care for the result as long as its a well contested series.
:cool: :cool:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Gangster said:
Let's not say foolish things that we can't take back later...
Foolish thing u have to be joking, England been consitent for the last 2 years whereas India were really good last year but haven't done anything since. England are easiler the beater side ATM.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Gangster said:
Let's not say foolish things that we can't take back later...
It's fair enough I think. India are a better side in the subcontinent, but England are better everywhere else at the moment. I do think however that they are quite close in 2nd and 3rd. India severely lack penetrative seamers, and it hurts them on occasion, like for example in the recent series against Pakistan.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
It's fair enough I think. India are a better side in the subcontinent, but England are better everywhere else at the moment. I do think however that they are quite close in 2nd and 3rd. India severely lack penetrative seamers, and it hurts them on occasion, like for example in the recent series against Pakistan.
The thing that made India better then England in the past was their superior batting but from what was shown in the Test Series aganist Pakistan that batting isn't that much better anymore. Laxman and Ganguly aren't the same batsmen anymore and Tendulkar looks no where near the batsmen we've seen in the past. ATM England batting is only slightly below India, but their bowling and fielding are far superior then India.

C_C

International Captain
man for man, IND is still a superior side to ENG in my view.
Yes, IND has faltered in the past but ENG's been running red hot for just over a year while IND's performances have been pretty decent for the past 2-3 years.
I dont consider immediate form to deciede the issue here...but IMO its pretty close.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
C_C said:
man for man, IND is still a superior side to ENG in my view.
Yes, IND has faltered in the past but ENG's been running red hot for just over a year while IND's performances have been pretty decent for the past 2-3 years.
I dont consider immediate form to deciede the issue here...but IMO its pretty close.
England have probably also been playing really good cricket for more then just a year.