• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ashes - For the neutrals

Who would you like to see win the Ashes

• Total voters

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Its going to be 3-1 in favour of australia with one more matched as either draw or washed away due to rain (hopeful :D ).

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Duncan said:
England. Because Australia wins all the time and it's annoying. And because they are next in line to be number one.
Eventhough i voted that aus would win, i want england to win the series against aussies and end the era of aus.Lets see. :mellow:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blaze said:
I hate English sports teams and support every other team they are playing against in any sport..
You're not alone - personally, I blame the arrogance of the English press (especially jingoistic scum papers like the Sun and Star) and not the sportsmen concerned.

I work in Ireland and whenever England are on the telly, everyone supports the opposition, irrespective of which sport. It's strange really, because whenever Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Isle of Wight, Jersey or anywhere else remotely connected with Britain are taking part, the majority of the English (or so it seems) want them to do well.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
You're not alone - personally, I blame the arrogance of the English press (especially jingoistic scum papers like the Sun and Star) and not the sportsmen concerned.

I work in Ireland and whenever England are on the telly, everyone supports the opposition, irrespective of which sport. It's strange really, because whenever Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Isle of Wight, Jersey or anywhere else remotely connected with Britain are taking part, the majority of the English (or so it seems) want them to do well.
do you not think there is some historical reasoning behind the Irish not wanting England to do well???

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Swervy said:
well I dont think Londons treatment of the Irish through the centuries goes down to well with a lot of Southern Irish
It's true. My Uncle Michael (English born & raised with an English mum) talks about "the ba$tard English".

Link

State Vice-Captain
Swervy said:
well I dont think Londons treatment of the Irish through the centuries goes down to well with a lot of Southern Irish
oh ok, dont get it, but i will take your word for it, there has never been too much consideration in GB for the other countries. Oh i know what your talking about, you mean englands parliment interfering and dominating the irish government especially with all that religious stuff

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
To be fair some of those living in Aus aren't actually Australian supporters.
I was going to say that, but then I realised that if they're living in Australia and supporting Australia, then they're not likely to be neutral!

But then again, I think that the poll question needs to be rephrased. If you're supporting one team over another, you're not neutral!