Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Texting Shane

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912

    Texting Shane

    Some drongo has a story about Shane texting for a bargain basement price of $30,000:00 I wonder who will cough up the dough and be the first to break this amazing story.

    I'm glad money is not the driving force behind the story and anything said will only be the truth. And I'm sure the reporters will only report the facts and not try to make a story out of nothing to get their $30,000:00 worth.

  2. #2
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Speculative at best. I don't believe anyone, even Shane Warne, could be so stupid so as to do that with the record he has.

    I don't believe it for half a second.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    nah it seems abit much doesn't it
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

  4. #4
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    Speculative at best. I don't believe anyone, even Shane Warne, could be so stupid so as to do that with the record he has.

    I don't believe it for half a second.
    We are talking about Shane Warne here.

    Nothing would surprise.


  5. #5
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by social
    We are talking about Shane Warne here.

    Nothing would surprise.
    No, that's quite plainly ridiculous. Shane Warne isn't stupid enough to get into another texting scandal. At worst, he's prone to making more stupid mistakes because of his ignorance, but he isn't stupid enough to repeat them.

  6. #6
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    I agree that it shouldn't be news (although in that context, starting a thread about it is a little ironic). I also don't like the fact that Cricket Australia is "investigating" the issue - it reminds me of the stupid penalty given to Tuffey by the NZ board last week.

    However, if you were to ask me whether I thought the story had any basis, Warne's lawyers response heavily implies that it does:

    Andrew Scott-Howman, Warne's New Zealand lawyer, said in a letter that Warne could not confirm whether he sent the SMS. "Personal text messages sent between two parties are private and confidential in nature, and may not be published without the consent of those parties," he said.

    An outright denial might have been more convincing.

  7. #7
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    No, that's quite plainly ridiculous. Shane Warne isn't stupid enough to get into another texting scandal. At worst, he's prone to making more stupid mistakes because of his ignorance, but he isn't stupid enough to repeat them.
    So you dont think he knew John the Bookie wanted something more for his money than the weather or that he was taking a banned substance or that as a public figure you attract more attention than normal?

  8. #8
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by social
    So you dont think he knew John the Bookie wanted something more for his money than the weather or that he was taking a banned substance or that as a public figure you attract more attention than normal?
    Nobody is questioning that he has done some incredibly thoughtless things in his time - what I said to you was that he isn't stupid enough to make the same mistakes twice. I know that you'd think you would be smarter than that; at least afford Shane Warne that same benefit of the doubt.

  9. #9
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    Nobody is questioning that he has done some incredibly thoughtless things in his time - what I said to you was that he isn't stupid enough to make the same mistakes twice. I know that you'd think you would be smarter than that; at least afford Shane Warne that same benefit of the doubt.
    Sexual compulsion never follows those kinds of rules - it certainly rarely did for my dad, and he's a fairly intelligent guy.

    On a more positive note, since the article I read at cricinfo, Cricket Australia has now distanced itself from the story, stating it's a private matter for Warne.
    "Youre known for having a liking for men who look like women."
    - Linda

    "FFS I'm sick and tired of having to see a bloke bend over to pick something up or lean over and see their arse crack. For christ's sake pull your pants up or buy some underpants you bogan because nobody want's to see it. And this is a boat building shed (well one of them) not a porn studio."
    - Craig

  10. #10
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    Sexual compulsion never follows those kinds of rules - it certainly rarely did for my dad, and he's a fairly intelligent guy.

    On a more positive note, since the article I read at cricinfo, Cricket Australia has now distanced itself from the story, stating it's a private matter for Warne.
    I doubt your dad is a high-profile star whose credibility is already spread so finely that another scandal would destroy his career and his name forever. Shane Warne is a unique being - his volatile reputation might be something that he is using to try to stay out of trouble. I'm only saying he should be afforded some respect as a person who is an easy target for gold-diggers, and he should be considered innocent until proven otherwise. I know I'd like that if I was in his situation.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    I won't take one side or the other just yet. Given Warne's record and, as Slow Love said, the very unconvincing response from his lawyers, I'm inclined to believe the story. I don't think however that it's any matter for Cricket Australia unless it becomes a criminal matter.

    If Warne didn't do it, his lawyers would have categorically denied the issue. After all, what would he have to lose in that case?
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  12. #12
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    I doubt your dad is a high-profile star whose credibility is already spread so finely that another scandal would destroy his career and his name forever. Shane Warne is a unique being - his volatile reputation might be something that he is using to try to stay out of trouble. I'm only saying he should be afforded some respect as a person who is an easy target for gold-diggers, and he should be considered innocent until proven otherwise. I know I'd like that if I was in his situation.
    This kind of scandal isn't going to destroy Warne's career (certainly Cricket Australia have already made their perspective clear on that) and name forever, and neither should it.

    My perspective is that providing he's not assaulting or raping people, it's a matter between he, the person involved, and his wife. IMO, you're treating this situation too seriously. If the accusation was related to match-fixing or drug-use, I'd probably treat the issue with more gravity.

  13. #13
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    This kind of scandal isn't going to destroy Warne's career (certainly Cricket Australia have already made their perspective clear on that) and name forever, and neither should it.

    My perspective is that providing he's not assaulting or raping people, it's a matter between he, the person involved, and his wife. IMO, you're treating this situation too seriously. If the accusation was related to match-fixing or drug-use, I'd probably treat the issue with more gravity.
    I'm not treating it too seriously - that would mean that I care what Shane Warne does, which quite frankly, I don't.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    I he should be afforded some respect as a person who is an easy target for gold-diggers, and he should be considered innocent until proven otherwise.
    Looking at his past, I dont think Warnie deserves that. He is stupid, really stupid.

  15. #15
    State Vice-Captain mavric41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Looking at his past, I dont think Warnie deserves that. He is stupid, really stupid.

    Has anyone proved that he can actually spell?
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 104
    Last Post: 27-05-2004, 05:20 AM
  2. Shane Warne wants to be back in one dayers????
    By FRAZ in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-01-2004, 11:41 AM
  3. Detest shane warne
    By rajat in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 03:22 AM
  4. Shane Lee retires
    By Hoggy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 05:31 AM
  5. Shane Bond
    By shaka in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 13-03-2003, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •