Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Indian captains

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar

Possible Indian captains

It may or may not be appropriate for Ganguly to lose his place from the test side.
    That is another debate. But if he were to lose his place, who would be the best person to lead the test team?

R.S.Dravid - Cool head and mature person. People say he is too mellow/soft and is not fierce enough. He has shown that he is as good a fighter as any one whil ebatting. Can he do it is a captain is a big question.

S.R.Tendulkar - The arguement against him is that he failed as a captain earlier. But the problem was that he expected too much from his players putting unnecessary pressur eon himself. Also, as Tendulkar has mentioned, he didnt have the support of the management. Also would dhe be willing to lead the side a third time. He has a mature cricket brain and could prove a much bette captain because of the experience of the past.

V.V.S.Laxman - Too much of a dasher and not suited to the captain role. Not awesome team skills required by a leader.

V.Sehwag - Same arguement as Lazman.

A.Kumble - Can be a good captain. But he would have to compete for his place with Harbhajan specially abroad. So would not be best suited over all if he cant always make the Indian first XI. Apart from that, no one doubts his ability or cricketing brains.

Md. Kaif - regarded as a future captain, no chance presently as he still has to cement a place in the side currently.

So the contenders boil down to Dravid, Tendulkar and Kumble. I would go for Tendulkar. He has a very good cricket brain and India could benefit from his experience as player when he is captain.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    id like to see Kumble as captain but the chances of that arn't good, Dravid is probably the most likley as i doubt tendulkar can keep in good form with the bat while captaining
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    A.Kumble - Can be a good captain. But he would have to compete for his place with Harbhajan specially abroad.
    From the recent games, there's no evidence to support that.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Don
    kumble kumble kumble kumble kumble we want kumble
    WERE LEAN WERE MEAN WERE THE GREEN MACHINE CW GREEN'S OTHER LHB.

School Boy/Girl Captain shoot_me's Avatar
    out of that list, kaif is the most intelligent, in my opinion, and suits the captain role perfectly but he is having to fight a battle with yuvraj for a place in the test squad so him captaining the test side would not be a realistic picture. Even though Tendulkar had failed as captain years back, that was because of the pressure on him as the team's one and only star batsman. it's different now because it's not a one-man team anymore, to say the least, and tendulkar's mindset has changed. I think he would be a very innovative captain full of new ideas. This could be seen as a risk though. The safest and most practical captain would be Rahul Dravid. no need to explain why.

U19 12th Man
    Yeah Kumble, Sehwag and Laxman for me in that order. Dravid's shown his batting form deteriorates quite horribly as captain and the same with Tendulkar. Sehwag is good and aggressive and Kumble is great. And I agree with Marc, Kumble should be India's 1st-choice spinner until his retirement. If India play at home on spin-friendly tracks or in Sri Lanka, then Harbhajan should play, otherwise, he has to bide his time until Kumble's retirement when only one spinner is called for.

C_C
    take Tendulkar outta the equation...in numerous interviews he has said that he doesnt wish to lead IND in the future and three stints was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangster
    Yeah Kumble, Sehwag and Laxman for me in that order. Dravid's shown his batting form deteriorates quite horribly as captain and the same with Tendulkar. Sehwag is good and aggressive and Kumble is great. And I agree with Marc, Kumble should be India's 1st-choice spinner until his retirement. If India play at home on spin-friendly tracks or in Sri Lanka, then Harbhajan should play, otherwise, he has to bide his time until Kumble's retirement when only one spinner is called for.
    That's committing the same mistake that England used to - selecting the captain before determining who the best available 11 players are.

Id pick Tendulkar. By all accounts he has the best cricket brain in the Indian team and he should be mature enough to handle other aspects of the role by now.

Dravid has been unimpressive in the times that Ive seen him but you can almost guarantee that he'll be top of many people's list for no other reason than he appears to be the regular stand-in.

The risk with Kumble is that he under-bowls himself or is selected in conditions that dont suit his style of bowling.

dravid averages 15 whilst captain.........it seems to affect his batting way too much, we dnt want to bring down a great player like dravid and make him into the next ganguly.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    kumble kumble kumble kumble kumble we want kumble
    NO WE DONT
    Member Of AAAS

Supporter of:
    Liverpool FC
    Ferrari F1
    Iron Maiden (Bombay.Feb 1st,2008...I was there)
    UP THE IRONS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    It may or may not be appropriate for Ganguly to lose his place from the test side.
    That is another debate. But if he were to lose his place, who would be the best person to lead the test team?

R.S.Dravid - Cool head and mature person. People say he is too mellow/soft and is not fierce enough. He has shown that he is as good a fighter as any one whil ebatting. Can he do it is a captain is a big question.

S.R.Tendulkar - The arguement against him is that he failed as a captain earlier. But the problem was that he expected too much from his players putting unnecessary pressur eon himself. Also, as Tendulkar has mentioned, he didnt have the support of the management. Also would dhe be willing to lead the side a third time. He has a mature cricket brain and could prove a much bette captain because of the experience of the past.

V.V.S.Laxman - Too much of a dasher and not suited to the captain role. Not awesome team skills required by a leader.

V.Sehwag - Same arguement as Lazman.

A.Kumble - Can be a good captain. But he would have to compete for his place with Harbhajan specially abroad. So would not be best suited over all if he cant always make the Indian first XI. Apart from that, no one doubts his ability or cricketing brains.

Md. Kaif - regarded as a future captain, no chance presently as he still has to cement a place in the side currently.

So the contenders boil down to Dravid, Tendulkar and Kumble. I would go for Tendulkar. He has a very good cricket brain and India could benefit from his experience as player when he is captain.
    Why does Md. Kaif feature there?...And no AA...What is this world coming to?

But seriously Rahul Dravid is the best contender...no reasons required,he's simply the toughest among all the cricketers since Steve Waugh...even now Rahul is the right choice instead one Mr. Ganguly

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhil1772
    But seriously Rahul Dravid is the best contender...no reasons required,he's simply the toughest among all the cricketers since Steve Waugh...even now Rahul is the right choice instead one Mr. Ganguly
    Steve Waugh prospered with the bat as captain. Not sure if you've been reading this thread at all, but Dravid does not.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Steve Waugh prospered with the bat as captain. Not sure if you've been reading this thread at all, but Dravid does not.
    Well I chose to ignore that point simply because Rahul has not been captain in that many matches to judge his batting during captaincy

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    i dont hink u need a thread for this Dravid is the automatic choice.unless he do some thing like shane warne did
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information