• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

county cricket underated?

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Trescothick has played perhaps 3 vital innings in his Test-career.
should he be dropped then and if so who will replce him? I think him and strauss have struck up a good partnership and it would be foolish to change it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Richard said:
Trescothick has played perhaps 3 vital innings in his Test-career.
there is very little truth in that statement he has made far more vital innings than just 3, and even if he had only made 3 vital innings , that is still a higher total than number of vital contributions you have made to this forum.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
kendall said:
should he be dropped then and if so who will replce him? I think him and strauss have struck up a good partnership and it would be foolish to change it.
No, no, you can't justify dropping him, but he's nowhere near as good as his early career makes him look.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
sledger said:
there is very little truth in that statement he has made far more vital innings than just 3
He's played lots of innings which have made inevitable heavy victories heavier and been ineffectual in avoiding series defeats.
Only at The Oval and The Wanderers (vs SA) and Lord's (vs NZ) has he played a part in a series victory or draw.
and even if he had only made 3 vital innings , that is still a higher total than number of vital contributions you have made to this forum.
No, it's not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How many have been pivotal in series victories or salvaged draws?
And you can reduce it to 19 by getting rid of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and using runs earnt rather than recorded in the book.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
How many have been pivotal in series victories or salvaged draws?
And you can reduce it to 19 by getting rid of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and using runs earnt rather than recorded in the book.
Oh the old "he didn't score them" arguement.

Which you keep bringing up and others keep exposing for the blatant flaws.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
marc71178 said:

as is richards way, the only way he knows how, the way that continually angers and frustrates everyone else.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:

No, they keep exposing one significant flaw, which doesn't even apply here.
All others I've always countered.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Richard said:
No, just a few other people.
i have seen the error of my ways and apologise to you richard, i have been acting in a very childish manner, i do not wish to insult you of be derogatory any further, i am very sorry, let us no longer have any conflicts of opinion over any matter unless it is a cricketing one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No sarcasm there?
If not why on Earth suddenly go off on one like you did the other evening?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Richard said:
No sarcasm there?
If not why on Earth suddenly go off on one like you did the other evening?
no i am not being sarcastic, i was just feeling angry and needed to vent my frustration somewhere, i am sorry richard, it is not in the intrest of anyone for this bickering to continue or to have started anywhere in the past, but seriously lets keep our arguments cricket based from now on, i offer my sincere apologies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, fine, apology accepted.
Can't say I haven't been guilty of the above myself, plenty of times.