• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Stadium

biased indian

International Coach
its a well known fact that eden gardens and MCG have huge capacity and both can accomodate 100,000 + people but which is the third biggest cricket stadium in the world

the ground where the first ODI between india and pakistan is going to take place is inm my home town and can hold 80,000 people, is there any other stadiums with a higher capacity???

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Telstra Stadium in sydney can hold over 80 but isn't international ;) it would have to be an indian ground surely?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
biased indian said:
its a well known fact that eden gardens and MCG have huge capacity and both can accomodate 100,000 + people but which is the third biggest cricket stadium in the world

the ground where the first ODI between india and pakistan is going to take place is inm my home town and can hold 80,000 people, is there any other stadiums with a higher capacity???
kochi has an 80000 capacity??? wow!!! i have watched a south africa vs karnataka tour game there...it's a beautiful stadium but i don't remember it being that big...have they increased the capacity recently?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
chekmeout said:
Never knew Cochi had 80.000 capacity....
n plus I think MCG is just under 100,000
MCG right now is under 80000 because of redevelopment, but after the Commonwealth Games it'll be back up over 100000.

biased indian

International Coach
Anil said:
kochi has an 80000 capacity??? wow!!! i have watched a south africa vs karnataka tour game there...it's a beautiful stadium but i don't remember it being that big...have they increased the capacity recently?
it was always .
they didnt do anything new and they are selling more than 80,000 tickets for the first ODI and it sure will be full to the capacity

Duncan

U19 Debutant
biased indian said:
it was always .
they didnt do anything new and they are selling more than 80,000 tickets for the first ODI and it sure will be full to the capacity
I take it Indians are losing interest in test matches, which explains the relatively low attendance for the series against Pakistan. You'd expect the stadiums to be at full capacity. Oh well, atleast the turnout is not as pathetic as Multan or Rawalpindi. :p