• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dravid goes to number 1 in test ratings

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
After his century in each innings and a ratings update Dravid has reaching his highest rating to date in his career and taken number 1 from Jaques Kallis. Interestingly enough, he's also within 8 points of the big 900 mark, which only three batsman currently playing (Hayden, Ponting and Lara) have ever reached. Four current bowlers have also reached the 900 mark - McGrath, Pollock, Murali and Warne. Anil Kumble has also jumped up a spot in the bowling rankings after his match winning effort.

Test Batting
Rahul Dravid - 892
Jaques Kallis - 886
Ricky Ponting - 849
Brian Lara - 842
Damien Martyn - 813

Test Bowling
Glenn McGrath - 872
Muttiah Muralitharan - 851 (still!)
Shaun Pollock - 837
Anil Kumble - 818
Shoaib Akhtar - 794

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep, just noticed that. Not too much of a surprise considering his immense form as of late. An absolute champion.

Sehwag309

Banned
Kindly check the ICC Test Ranking Page too, they have the Possible Series Outcome and who gets what points, they messed it up.

Apparently, to this attached pic
India can still only win 1-0
And Draw can still be 0-0

Attachments

masterblaster

International Captain
He deserves this ranking. He is undoubtedly the best batsman in the world at this present time, and he is one of the greatest Indian batsmen of all time.

A true champion, and one who deserves this accolade.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
He deserves this ranking. He is undoubtedly the best batsman in the world at this present time, and he is one of the greatest Indian batsmen of all time.

A true champion, and one who deserves this accolade.
One of the few occasions when most people around the world will agree with the ratings.

What a player !!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SJS said:
One of the few occasions when most people around the world will agree with the ratings.

What a player !!
True.

And it is good that he is batting normally now, unlike being extremely defensive as he was against Australia.

shaka

International Regular
Chris Martin is currently ranked 30th in the bowling for tests, Vettori's is 15th, that is amazing standing with Martin, he hasnt done a whole lot in the current series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
flat track, bad bowling bully!!! :D
Well most of them have been pretty flat tracks... and the bowling has been little short of execrable (bar Kaneria, who he seems to have played with great accomplishment).
Not to mention, as I did, the fact that the 270 wasn't really worth that much...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
In his last 50 tests:
4768 runs at 68.11....wow!!!!!
In his last 33 "Tests": 3329 runs at 72.36.
In his last 31 Tests: 3169 runs at 72.02.
14 Tests before those 31\33: 1000 runs at 47.61... good, but not exceptional. I'd say the last 33\31 is a better period than the last 50.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
What flaws u might remark in his batting?
Me? Nothing.
I've said plenty of times that you've got to go back quite some time to find a better batsman.
Just that in this instance Swervy's joke wasn't actually appropriate, because what he was joking wasn't true actually was true.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
After his century in each innings and a ratings update Dravid has reaching his highest rating to date in his career and taken number 1 from Jaques Kallis. Interestingly enough, he's also within 8 points of the big 900 mark, which only three batsman currently playing (Hayden, Ponting and Lara) have ever reached. Four current bowlers have also reached the 900 mark - McGrath, Pollock, Murali and Warne. Anil Kumble has also jumped up a spot in the bowling rankings after his match winning effort.

Test Batting
Rahul Dravid - 892
Jaques Kallis - 886
Ricky Ponting - 849
Brian Lara - 842
Damien Martyn - 813

Test Bowling
Glenn McGrath - 872
Muttiah Muralitharan - 851 (still!)
Shaun Pollock - 837
Anil Kumble - 818
Shoaib Akhtar - 794
Quite why these stupid rankings deserve an update thread I don't know...

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Me? Nothing.
I've said plenty of times that you've got to go back quite some time to find a better batsman.
Just that in this instance Swervy's joke wasn't actually appropriate, because what he was joking wasn't true actually was true.
erm..I am confused.

i dont think dravid could be at all considered a flat track bully

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
In his last 33 "Tests": 3329 runs at 72.36.
In his last 31 Tests: 3169 runs at 72.02.
14 Tests before those 31\33: 1000 runs at 47.61... good, but not exceptional. I'd say the last 33\31 is a better period than the last 50.
jeez..even a mere tribute to Dravids exceptional record over a long period of time gets grief from Richard