• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should they take One million ??

Read this,

London-based Pakistani offers to buy place in team

From Abdul Mohi Shah

ISLAMABAD: A millionaire from London who projects himself as a second XI player in a county, has offered Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) an amount of nearly one million pound for giving him the opportunity to play for Pakistan against India in any of the matches in the on-going series.

An official of the PCB told ‘The News’ on Sunday that a Pakistani national living in London with the name of M Jamshaid made this offer through an e-mail. "We have received an e-mail of this millionaire who boasts of his game skills and wanted to play for the country," he said. The PCB official said he had repeated his request many times and said that he could play even better than some of the players touring with the national team to India.

"Firstly, we took it as a joke but when he made several requests we asked him to donate this amount in development of the game in the area of Pakistan from where he belongs. "You might not be a deserving cricketer but you definitely are a millionaire and what you need is to spend the amount on noble cause," the PCB reply said.

I thought at first it was stupid of the guy to come up with such an offer, i mean how can one get a place in the side by offering money , that too openely?

But when i thought about what the guy has said, that he can perform better than some of Pak test guys, then Pakistan's opening bowler Khalil came to my mind. Surely the rich rid can't be worse than Khalil?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Here's a thought - stop posting pathetic flame bait.
I don't think that's what it is, necessarily - it's a valid question. Taking the money is at face value displaying a complete lack of integrity, but can it be justified by putting the money to a cause?

FaaipDeOiad said:
Here's a thought - stop posting pathetic flame bait.
That wan't the intention, the news was good enough to become headline of a newspaper, i just thought i should just post it here and ask a valid question.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
I don't think that's what it is, necessarily - it's a valid question. Taking the money is at face value displaying a complete lack of integrity, but can it be justified by putting the money to a cause?
I was more referring to his question about whether or not he could possibly be worse than Khalil.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
I was more referring to his question about whether or not he could possibly be worse than Khalil.
Stupid thing, of course, is that he probably could be.
And to be worse than Khalil is saying something.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Err, well if he was that good and he really wanted to, I think he'd have been in the frame anyway.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"I'll buy a place in the Pakistani cricket team for.............*loud orchestral music* one MILLION dollars!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!"