• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Gilchrist Smashes Window at Basin Reserve!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't think it's quite as good as when Afridi hit that red-ball into a roof, embedding it, at Worcs that time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because windows have been broken before... something lodging in a roof is a bit special.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Johnson's broken 1 in a ODI.
And why does the level of cricket mean that to break a window is such an achievement (hardly see that it's really an achievement, anyway)?

Scallywag

Banned
Richard said:
Neil Johnson's broken 1 in a ODI.
And why does the level of cricket mean that to break a window is such an achievement (hardly see that it's really an achievement, anyway)?
I'm sorry Richard but nobody has claimed it to be an achievement, James simply showed photos of a window broken by a Gilchrist six.

I just thought it wierd that someone would claim lodging a ball in the roof as a great thing compared to smashing a window.

C_C

International Captain
lodged in the pavilion ? smashed a window ? whopee ding!
The ball has been smashed OUTSIDE THE STADIUM quiete a few times in the past....so when you have people clearing the entire stadium-roof window,flag and all, what is the hoo-haa about lodging it in the roof or smashing a window ?

cameeel

International Captain
C_C said:
The ball has been smashed OUTSIDE THE STADIUM quiete a few times in the past....so when you have people clearing the entire stadium-roof window,flag and all, what is the hoo-haa about lodging it in the roof or smashing a window ?
probably just because its uncommon to hit that small a target

C_C

International Captain
not really..i've cracked quiete a few windows in my time, including my own bedroom window :D :D

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
The only hoo-haa is from people claiming there is no hoo-haa, pretty weird eh.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Exactly, jesus. Adam Gilchrist smashed a window, James took some photos of it and wanted to post them here. He didn't post them here saying "THIS IS UNQUESTIONABLY THE GREATEST THING ANYONE HAS DONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD", it was just a bunch of cool photos.

C_C

International Captain
no. the hoo-haa is from you mostly.... trying to insinuate that this is somehow a helluva accomplishment with your '
Really! who has broken a window in test cricket before.?
Whys that Richard, why isnt it as good.?' posts....
8-) 8-)

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
no. the hoo-haa is from you mostly.... trying to insinuate that this is somehow a helluva accomplishment with your '
8-) 8-)

hoo-haa hoo-haa

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

:D :D keep polishing C_C :D :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
C_C said:
8-) 8-)
I think if you look at the context, he was reponding to Richard coming in here and acting like somebody said him smashing a window was in some way deserving of a nobel prize, in a sarcastic manner. You will see Richard do this a lot, eg in my completely innocuous thread about the fact that Dravid got number one in the player ratings, where he comes in ranting about how the ratings are useless despite the fact that nobody was actually claiming that they are the gospel sent from on high.