• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Gilchrist Smashes Window at Basin Reserve!

C_C

International Captain
I agree Faip.... anyways... we are making too much hoo-haa.
PS: excellent picture though.
:D :D

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C_C said:
lodged in the pavilion ? smashed a window ? whopee ding!
The ball has been smashed OUTSIDE THE STADIUM quiete a few times in the past....so when you have people clearing the entire stadium-roof window,flag and all, what is the hoo-haa about lodging it in the roof or smashing a window ?
Because Gilchrist actually has part shares in Windscreens O'Brien and they think he migh thave deliberately done it to make money out of it thus constituting match-fixing. There'll be an inquiry next week with a suspension the most likely outcome.

I think some of us in here should relax now...all James was doing was showing us some pics of a broken window.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can't believe an innocent post like photos of Gilly breaking a window turned out like this. Amazing.

Cool pics James.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Jono said:
I can't believe an innocent post like photos of Gilly breaking a window turned out like this. Amazing.

Cool pics James.
Just a reflection of what this forum has become, top work James

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I most profusely apologise for my part in it... 8-) Christ, how the hell am I supposed to be blamed for making the blatantly obviously light-hearted comment:
Richard said:
I don't think it's quite as good as when Afridi hit that red-ball into a roof, embedding it, at Worcs that time.
????
The person at fault is Scallywag, for trying to turn it into some sort of anti-Aussie comment.

Scallywag

Banned
Richard said:
Well I most profusely apologise for my part in it... 8-) Christ, how the hell am I supposed to be blamed for making the blatantly obviously light-hearted comment: ????
The person at fault is Scallywag, for trying to turn it into some sort of anti-Aussie comment.
Yeah good one Richard, its all my fault. :D

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Well I most profusely apologise for my part in it... 8-) Christ, how the hell am I supposed to be blamed for making the blatantly obviously light-hearted comment: ????

however you intended your post to read,like a lot of the things you write, it read like you are just trying to prove a point,when there is no point to be made and it tends to smack of some sort of superiority which (knowingly or unknowlingly to you) you seem to enjoy rubbing in peoples faces....it gets peoples backs up,and turns into a mass debate about jack****

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
however you intended your post to read,like a lot of the things you write, it read like you are just trying to prove a point,when there is no point to be made and it tends to smack of some sort of superiority which (knowingly or unknowlingly to you) you seem to enjoy rubbing in peoples faces....it gets peoples backs up,and turns into a mass debate about jack****
Yes. Example: "I thought this innings was really good, and was glad I was there to see it at the ground." Richard: "BUT HE WAS DROPPED!!!!!!!!".

Frankly, nobody cares, everybody is already aware of your idiotic theories and all it does it ruin the thread for everyone else.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
And that's not my fault, there are actually quite a few people on here who don't just interpret my demeneour as such.
I have absolutely no idea of superiority in terms of myself whatsoever.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Yes, and fortunately, everybody doesn't automatically dismiss the stuff as idiotic.
but there is a time and a place...

ie the Welcome Newbies thread...where we were meant to be welcoming new people to the place...and yet you decide to throw a spanner in the works but questioning what some guy says his coach said to him about his speed.....sometimes you just dont know when its for the best to keep your fingers in your pockets and away from the keyboard

Scallywag

Banned
Richard said:
Yep, it was.
You tried to construe something as being anti-Aussie, like you do rather a lot.
You were just sitting there all by yourself and I came along twisted your arm and made you say stupid things. :D

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Yes, and fortunately, everybody doesn't automatically dismiss the stuff as idiotic.
No, some people dismiss it as idiotic after giving it quite a bit of thought :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
but there is a time and a place...

ie the Welcome Newbies thread...where we were meant to be welcoming new people to the place...and yet you decide to throw a spanner in the works but questioning what some guy says his coach said to him about his speed.....sometimes you just dont know when its for the best to keep your fingers in your pockets and away from the keyboard
I do, and I did consider very carefully what I wrote.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scallywag said:
You were just sitting there all by yourself and I came along twisted your arm and made you say stupid things. :D
No, you made me do nothing.
You just tried to make what I had said into me being anti-Australian, because you like the idea of me being anti-Australian, because it gives you an excuse to explain away anything I say criticising Australians.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
No, some people dismiss it as idiotic after giving it quite a bit of thought :p
Almost everyone who has given it thought has said they see what the point is.
Plenty and plenty, however, have come-up with many excuses why it's not appropriate, very few of which I cannot counter, just because they don't like the idea and because it goes so strongly against convention.