Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Cricket v/s Baseball

if the game had a couple of players coming off the bench i would except the coaches decession. every other game has that basekball, soccer, league, rugby. but for a team game that treats offense and defense as a separate role is not a team game in the traditional sense. but when have you guys been traditional. you turned rounders into professional sport (baseball) and chucked a ball into the game bull rush and called it gridiron.

but hey it all works you have massive crowds to your games, and your professional atheletes are the highest paid individuals.

no offense and goodluck with making them world games. it only requires marketing and world dominance.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    What are the pitchers, sissies ? Test bowlers are capable of sending in excellent deliveries even at the fag end of a days play. If one expects a baseball pitcher to tire and lose his effectiveness within the duration of a 3 hour (?) game, heaven help them.
    I hope you're kidding. As Kyle said, it's a totally different mechanical process and a lot more to be done out of the hand. They don't get help off the pitch.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger
    if the game had a couple of players coming off the bench i would except the coaches decession. every other game has that basekball, soccer, league, rugby. but for a team game that treats offense and defense as a separate role is not a team game in the traditional sense. but when have you guys been traditional. you turned rounders into professional sport (baseball) and chucked a ball into the game bull rush and called it gridiron.

but hey it all works you have massive crowds to your games, and your professional atheletes are the highest paid individuals.

no offense and goodluck with making them world games. it only requires marketing and world dominance.
    im not american!!!!
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    im not american!!!!
    You get accused of being a lot of nationalities!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Pitching requires different skills from bowling. It's not easy trust me. Sometimes pithcers will have to throw like 30 straight piytches in one innings. The only way a bowler would go through that is if he was really bad.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64
    Pitching requires different skills from bowling. It's not easy trust me. Sometimes pithcers will have to throw like 30 straight piytches in one innings. The only way a bowler would go through that is if he was really bad.
    So we just have to ask Tuffey then what it is like?
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    I hope you're kidding. As Kyle said, it's a totally different mechanical process and a lot more to be done out of the hand. They don't get help off the pitch.
    And thats relevant how ? A bowler has to do a lot out of the hand too. The ball wont do anything off the pitch unless the bowler had input in it doing so.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    2 bowlers out of how many? I don't see them playing 5 games a week either.

1 test match with 15 overs per innings = 30 overs = 180 deliveries/week.

And it isnt just 2 bowlers. Every bowler strains himself. Some spin bowlers dont get shoulder injuries for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    im not american!!!!
    nice comeback, i stuck up for the game as best as I could, but my final defense is to distance myself from the inventors of the game.

in actual fact i would consider it worse liking the game when your not american rather than being american and bought up on the game (thus not known better). just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by slugger
    nice comeback, i stuck up for the game as best as I could, but my final defense is to distance myself from the inventors of the game.

in actual fact i would consider it worse liking the game when your not american rather than being american and bought up on the game (thus not known better). just a thought.
    What the hell??

OK this is an example of your average athletic, highly toned pitcher.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Your average pitcher generally throws his arm out towards the end of the season and can't pitch at all outside of the season because the tendons and muscles need to heal. I think that says it all as far as how much effort is required to be a top-flight pitcher. You literally SHRED your muscles and tendons in pitching. Once they retire, most pitchers can't raise their arms above shoulder height without extreme pain.

you guys have one whole team for offense and another whole team for defense.
    Your average ice hockey team has three scoring lines and a checking line which swap at regular intervals. This doesn't in any way diminish the effort they have to put in. I've played ice hockey and know that when you hear people complain about how hard it is to be on the ice for more than 2 minutes at a time, they are right on the money. For that 2 minutes (even that is a bit more than the average player should stay on the ice), you are putting EVERYTHING (and I mean every muscle, sinew, tendon and bone working at maximum effort) you have. It's bloody tough and that's even with tons of padding. I've never been so tired in cricket as I was after two ice hockey minutes and I'm a pace bowler who used to come in off a 20m run.

We're talking two totally different games here, both of which require tons of effort with neither being 'easier' or 'softer' than the other. Try playing one and then the other and you'll see what I mean.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 22-03-2005 at 06:03 AM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    What the hell??
    it was sarcasm, works better in person.

Hm.. another page similar to this thread...

http://www.aussieinamerica.com/simil...s/baseball.htm
    Founder & President of VSAS

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    OK this is an example of your average athletic, highly toned pitcher.
    That's not cool.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information