• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket v/s Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodk

School Boy/Girl Captain
Here's a non-subtlety that doesn't have a cricket counterpart.

This produced nasty booing, headhunting and other repercussions that left bad blood. Doesn't that make a game interesting?

rodk

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is what happens if you fall asleep playing baseball. (Note: it cost the Dodgers the series, and about two days later, it cost Dodger Manager Don Mattingly his job.)

No cricket counterpart.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is getting ridiculous now.

At first, it was basic questions. Innocent? Yeah.
Then How many runs?

Rodk, we got it. Baseball>cricket.

End of discussion.

You win.

rodk

School Boy/Girl Captain
Some of you noted the amount of time players spend learning the various hitting maneuvers. Nobody said anything about learning how to play in the field correctly. Here's a glimpse into that: the footwork at second base on a steal. It is one of about thousands of things that need to be mastered before you are allowed on the field (for your own safety).

rodk

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rodk, we got it. Baseball>cricket.

End of discussion.

You win.
1. Always do when right is on your side.

2. If I'm not mistaken, didn't you ask for this exact discussion? There was post after post about how baseball is child's play compared to cricket, invariably by people without any sense of it who needed to appreciate what was really happening, not their half-baked fantasies.

3. There was also post after post about dumb I was about cricket and where was I getting the stuff that seemed logical to me from 50 years of following other sports that don't involve slowing the game to a snail's pace? These are the answers to those questions.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

https://cityofchampionssports.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/234/files/2014/01/Indian-Pirates.jpg[IMG]

Indians taking the baseball world by storm...'Million dollar arm'

:wacko:

SillyCowCorner1

2. If I'm not mistaken, didn't you ask for this exact discussion?
I never asked for a war between baseball and cricket. I simply stated to primarily discuss baseball in the baseball section in the General Sport Section of this forum. 8-)

rodk

School Boy/Girl Captain

https://cityofchampionssports.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/234/files/2014/01/Indian-Pirates.jpg[IMG]

Indians taking the baseball world by storm...'Million dollar arm'

:wacko:[/QUOTE]

Overstated. The two players, Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel did about as well as one could expect for kids without any prior baseball experience. Neither emerged from the lowest professional leagues, but they did not embarrass themselves the least. Rinku ended up having surgery and is now doing pro wrestling. [url]https://i.imgur.com/66Kw2XD.jpg[/url] Dinesh retired and is pursuing a post sports life.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rodk why do you come to a cricket forum to learn about cricket only to insult the sport and call it inferior in every way to another sport?

Not only is that insulting to fans of the other sport who are only trying to help you, but it shows that you are rude and ignorant and a fool. You're like the ignorant Christian who posts on an atheist forum thinking he'll convert the readers. It ain't happening.

And it just shows that if you did watch the recent Australia vs India test it was wasted on you. Such a good match could only be understood and appreciated by people who aren't watching it specifically to prove a point.

So do one of two things.

1) go away; or
2) stop mentioning baseball and genuinely start learning about why people enjoy cricket

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

rodk has really impressed me with his persistence and the effort he's put into making his ignorant and moronic posts. He deserves credit for the time he's spent putting all his incoherent and laughably wrong thoughts together over the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.