• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Schofield on the dole!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
this is coming from richard......who i am sure must know what he is talking about becaus he knows all, he plays at the highest level, and has everyones respect, and is well liked amongst the forum, thankyou once again for a very meaningful contribution......tard

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Go on then - ask everyone you can find whether or not they like me.
You'll be very surprised.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Richard said:
Go on then - ask everyone you can find whether or not they like me.
You'll be very surprised.
thats not what i asked, you find people to post i here and say that they like you, if they do then i am sure that they will oblige

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, James doesn't like these sort of "polls" and I don't blame him.
Ask them privately if you want to know.

cpr

International Coach
Wow do all threads on here degenerate into childish bickering matches?? I'm impressed your all still alive.... shame i never ventured outta the ICC section much before.

Anyway, Schofield.... tis a real shame he cant find a club.... Like its been pointed out he was amazingly hyped when he broke through (didnt do himself much favours by claiming he could bowl as many variations as Warne)... He lived upto it for a while.... It all started to go a bit to pot when Mulli came in as the overseas player, he bowled a lot fewer overs... Then Keedy suddenly figured out what he's meant to do with the ball, and Hooper had come in, all this timed nicely with a dip in form..... Unfortunatly he's never recovered from it.. His bowling, like been pointed out elsewhere, has become what is known as 'attrocious'.. It hurt to watch (as a leg spinner during my school cricket days he was a mini idol when he came through at that time). However his batting has improved greatly whilst his bowling has hit the.... well, hit nothing, he cant get the length!!! Last year he was a more than handy OD batsman, hardly got selected 1st class, but i'm sure if he was to play a whole season as a 1st class batsman this year he'd average over 30.... Last year in the seconds he was scoring runs aplenty, a few centuries, think he got 2 double centuries n all.....

Mebbie he'll find his bowling form in the local leagues and bounce back from it, he's still got the years on his side.... Hell if sky can employ Graeme Swann as a commentator on matches i'm sure they've got room for another international flash in the pan spinner :) Sure he's got at least the same amout of charisma as Graeme (not too difficult judging by what i remember of his commentary...)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
cpr said:
Wow do all threads on here degenerate into childish bickering matches?? I'm impressed your all still alive.... shame i never ventured outta the ICC section much before.
Far more than not, yes.