• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

please help me on a cricket assignment!!!!!!!

steph

Cricket Spectator
HEy people, i really need your help, if any of you know how much a professional cricket player gets paid could u please email me asap. and what is the highest level of cricket that can be played....Eg: for a shot putter it would be the olympics.
If u do email me ( tweetgirl23@hotmail.com ) in the subjuect box can u say... CRICKET ASSIGNMENT. i would be so greatful if any of you could help me.
Thanx :rolleyes:

[Edited on 8/21/02 by steph]

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I imagine that Tendulkar, Ganguly & Gilchrist are right up there as being the top earners, but im not sure exactly how much they earn...maybe others could fill that in.

I guess the highest level of cricket that can be played is International level & competing at the World Cup which will be staged in South Africa next year in Feb.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
well there wasn't too much information there, if you need anymore in-depth writing just ask, there is usually someone here who knows what the answer to the question is.

steph

Cricket Spectator
no really u did help! by u telling me those names i can therefor go looking up information on them and hopefully i can find out how much they get paid.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok :

Sachin Tendulkar, Saurav Ganguly (India)
Adam Gilchrist (Australia)

those are the names if you didn't already know.

steph

Cricket Spectator
i think i will get information on tendulka and gilchrist as my brother thinks tendulka is the best and i personally follow aussie cricket.

Andre

International Regular
Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting and Glenn McGrath are said to be the highest paid players (from their ACB contract wages only, not including sponsors). Yeah Tendulkar, Shane Warne, Ganguly, Shoaib Akhtar and Brett Lee would all earn plenty through endorsements.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar is easily the highest earning cricketer in the world. Brian Lara used to have a lot of lucrative contracts and was the second richest cricketer, don't know if he still has all of them after the decline in his form.

If you are only looking for the wages they earn, here is a link which will help you atleast find out how much the top Indians earn.

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2002/aug/21cont2.htm

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
This is quite an interesting topic actually, puts things in perspective a bit, I had no idea what the cricketers.

Sachin's marketing contract (which I assume is the sponsorship endorsement) is worth $18 mill for five year. I guess the salary he gets from BCCI would be a lot less?

For comparison, Alex Rodriguez (ARod) has a $250 mill for 10 yrs contract. Just incredible. And I think Shaquille O'Neal and Kevin Garnett in NBA make similar (a bit less) than this, around the $20 mill mark. As far as endorsements are concerned, I think Micheal Jordan earned used to earn between 30-50 mill from Nike every year, and I am not sure what the total endorsements for Tiger Woods, Shaq, Derek Jeter etc are these days but would be up there, over 10 mill per year.

Would anyone be kind enough to quote the salaries of top cricketers, McGrath, Tendulkar, Ganguly. Also, if someone knows the top salary in Counties and Aus domestic cricket (sheffield), etc. A few yrs back Waqar was suppose to be the richest circketer in the county making around 300,000 pounds (?).

I know its a bit off topic, but if someone knows the soccer contracts, that would be interesting to compare, I hear the way it works in Europe is that the players get huge signing bonuses, as compared with salaries, I think Beckham got some outrageous signing bonus (?).

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
As BCCI salary, all Indian players get $3,196 per test and $2,785 per one dayer.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
So under a 100k for a year generally.

In Eng and Aus, where guys are given contracts, does that mean they are guaranteed a certain amount of money in the season, regardless of whether they play or not, and whatever the number of matches?

What about Pak, SA etc?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I believe that a central contract is currently worth 100K, but whether that is just the compensation payout to the player's county or whether it involves the player's beer money too I don't know.

I'll try to do a bit of digging through last year's ECB accounts.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
£100,000 I would expect, being English contracts...

David Beckham is rumoured to be on £80-100,000 a week.

That's £4-5m a year. Plus advertising deals, sponsorship.... Ouch.

Rich2001

International Captain
I believe that a central contract is currently worth 100K
Not sure LE but in todays paper it said (talking about G.Thorpe) his desion not to play County Cricket again this season could cost him his 200,000 central contract.

However you know how reliable papers can be!

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Interesting topic indeed, I heard once that Rivaldo is the highest paid footballer in the world with his salary and sponsership deals all acounting for around 7.8 million $ a month which is by all acounts astonishing. I'm not sure though it could well be exaggurated.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
7.8 mill$ a month!! I dont believe this, if this is true it would make probably make him the richest sportsman in the world, ahead of tiger woods, wonder how much tiger earns

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Tiger Woods is the highest paid sports player & I don't think he earns quite the amount that was suggested for Rivaldo per month.