• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best upcomming WKBatter in Subcontinent?

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
karthik looks good aswell as hez only 19 hel only improve from now on ,but at the moment its akmal 4 me as the best upcoming indopak wk/batsman

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Karthik and Akmal are both excellent prospects.

They're 2 of the few young keepers Ive seen recently that have real potential with the gloves.

At this stage of their careers, any important runs they get should be seen as a bonus.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, responding to some of the guys who have said Sangakkara.....

I don't think Sangy should be classified as someone who is upcoming, as he is already reasonably established at this level as a WKBatter. So, I don't think he is the right answer for this topic.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
After seeing them in two test matches in this series, I have no hesitation in putting Akmal ahead of Kaarthik.

If we put our nationalistic feelings aside, we will see that it is true.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
SJS said:
After seeing them in two test matches in this series, I have no hesitation in putting Akmal ahead of Kaarthik.

If we put our nationalistic feelings aside, we will see that it is true.
I have put my nationalistic feelings aside and I have no hesitation in putting Karthik ahead of Akmal.

If we think logically, we will see that it is true.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Putting my nationalistic feelings aside (that seems to be the trend), I am the best upcoming wicketkeeper batsman in subcontinent (If you include middle east to be part of the subcontinent) :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Kaarthick is inconsistent and that is his bane. He can be absolutely brilliant one delivery and very ordinary the next. If he can work on his consistency, he can be very good. But, yes, at the moment, Akmal looks better as a wicket keeper. As a batter, I have my doubts about him.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Eh? Sangakkara is a very, very good glovesman, Akmal is poor. He handles Murali and company with near perfection on difficult pitches. He's up there among the best straight keepers in the world even ignoring his batting, he simply is preferred as a batsman a lot of the time. And if it wasn't for Gilchrist he would be the best keeper-batsman too.
akmal is poor?? i think u r..

akmal is a brilliant keeper. almost as good as anyone around. His batting is inconsistent but he's got great potential with the bat as witnesses in 3rd test against Aussies, that odi century against windies, and another one now in mohali.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
ReallyCrazy said:
I have put my nationalistic feelings aside and I have no hesitation in putting Karthik ahead of Akmal.

If we think logically, we will see that it is true.
Kaarthik is flamboyant rather than consistent. He reminds me more of Farroukh Engineer than of Kirmani. He will bring off a briliant stumping and miss an easy catch.

One of the catches Dravid took at first slip at Cacutta actually came off Karthik's glove. If there hadnt been a slip or if it had gone in a different direction than where it went, it would have been a sitter that he dropped.

NO. I think he needs to be more consistent. Akmal seems safer than him at present.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
chekmeout said:
Putting my nationalistic feelings aside (that seems to be the trend), I am the best upcoming wicketkeeper batsman in subcontinent (If you include middle east to be part of the subcontinent) :p
I am sure you are friend, its just that we havent had the pleasure of seeing you :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
social said:
Karthik and Akmal are both excellent prospects.

They're 2 of the few young keepers Ive seen recently that have real potential with the gloves.

At this stage of their careers, any important runs they get should be seen as a bonus.
No, you can't be forgiven for failing just because it's early in a career.

C_C

International Captain
if a player wasnt given an extended time frame(not too long mind you) to cement their spot, we wouldnt have seen Jacques Kallis playing test cricket, Flintoff wouldnt be known outside his county grounds and Imran Khan would've been known only in pakistan and the socio-elite circles in britain...
infact, i think that was precisely the problem with english selection in the 90s...they expected instant results.....and they went through players like Wilt Chamberlain went through women...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, indeed, there are plenty of players who took a little while to get going.
Some, of course, are obviously worth persevering with.
Doesn't change the fact that people can't just be forgiven for early failings.