• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome Newbies!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Cricketweb is a friendly enjoyable forum. We warmly welcome all new members on the forum.

A brief intro post about yourself on this thread would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
26 posts in a day.. not too bad eh?

well i'm a 16 year old indian kid living in oman (next to dubai) .. hence my location is cricketing desert..:p ... as an indian obviously i support india (and well oman for the icc trophy!).. I play cricket for my school team.. I am a left-handed opening batsman...
Cricket is quite simply my passion, always has been and always will be!!
Anything else you want to know?

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
chekmeout said:
whats his record for max. posts in a day?
I was speaking in total. For a day, the start peanutbutterbar had was almost as blazing as Afridi. I guess the guy burnt out pretty fast.

More than 100 posts if i am not mistaken!

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Am I the only new member here?
P.S. How does your position change? I mean how many posts does it take to change from Cricket Spectator to something else etc.

James

Cricket Web Owner
If enough people think so we might consider topping it ;)

and it's 50 posts before your first title change.

biased indian

International Coach
James said:
If enough people think so we might consider topping it ;)

and it's 50 posts before your first title change.
count me

u could do well if u add the important regulations in the first post and make some modifiaction to the title or create a new thread altogethr almost all the forums i have seen have one thread like this

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
i am actually not very new but as i am still schoollboy/ whatever, i would like to introduce myself.

i am 16 and my coach told me i bowl about 77-79 mph [that is about 123-127kph]. i play cricket for Goresbrook CC and we play in one of the Essex leagues.

Oh Yeah i am a right handed batsman and right handed bowler. Not much of a batsman but i like to think my action is a mixture of Gough and hoggards action. i am originally Ugandan born but live in London as some might have registered from my location

and of course, i love cricket. thanks to James anderson's 10-12-6-1 against the Aussies

Langeveldt

Soutie
chekmeout said:
26 posts in a day.. not too bad eh?

well i'm a 16 year old indian kid living in oman (next to dubai) .. hence my location is cricketing desert..:p ... as an indian obviously i support india (and well oman for the icc trophy!).. I play cricket for my school team.. I am a left-handed opening batsman...
Cricket is quite simply my passion, always has been and always will be!!
Anything else you want to know?
Thats cool, I was in Oman and Dubai last year... Think its one of the best places ever..

Do you know Khasab, and the desert fjords, north of Fujairah?

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Thats cool, I was in Oman and Dubai last year... Think its one of the best places ever..

Do you know Khasab, and the desert fjords, north of Fujairah?
Yeah mate.. I lived here 16 years (all my life).. so I know... Fujairah is in UAE not Oman.. Khasab is in Oman but I haven't really visited it.. been in Muscat all my life...

Muscat is a rather boring place though, and the cricket facilities here are pretty much pathetic... with sand outfields and cement pitches... but lot of passion for the sport here amongst Asians....

Did you visit Muscat too?

Langeveldt

Soutie
chekmeout said:
Yeah mate.. I lived here 16 years (all my life).. so I know... Fujairah is in UAE not Oman.. Khasab is in Oman but I haven't really visited it.. been in Muscat all my life...

Muscat is a rather boring place though, and the cricket facilities here are pretty much pathetic... with sand outfields and cement pitches... but lot of passion for the sport here amongst Asians....

Did you visit Muscat too?
No I didn't visit Muscat. A friend of mine lives there though but I saw him in Khasab. Spent a lot of time in Buryani (sp) (near Al Ain), and of course Dubai and R.A.K in the UAE

WestCoastMattie

Cricket Spectator
Hi all from Western Australia.

I played my first season of senior cricket 2004/05 (and first season of cricket period since I was 15 - 13 years ago) for West Coast Cricket Club in the Wanneroo Cricket Association, Perth Western Australia.

Started as basically making up the numbers in the thirds side for the club - G grade - other two sides are A and D grade side, and ended up towards the end of the season coming on as third change bowler taking 8 wickets for the club (full stats are at home d'oh) and managing to hold up an end for the occasional last wicket stand (6 not outs, I bat like a wall). Bowl right arm slow medium, primary weapon is a troubling line and length and occasional low full toss that makes batsmen's eyes light up and try to slog me over cover. Twice the keeper has had to dodge a cartwheeling middle stump after that ;) having him up at the stumps has paid off though - I also have a stumping to my name after a middle order bat danced down the pitch to attempt a slog through midwicket after I dropped one a little shortish going down leg.

Top score of 6 batting last, but managed a blazing 14 after my captain sent me in to open in a lost cause 2nd innings against the top side. I top scored for the team that innings and for 5 overs after I got out (after hitting a 4, a 2 and a bludgeoned 6 over square leg I got bowled trying to crossbat another one through midwicket) my score was the team score.

Got the club Captain's award for G grade, missed out on the duck award with three ducks to the A grade legspinner's six for the season and hope to get in some indoor in the off season.

I also see there's a West Coast Cricket Club in the US :)

Last edited: