Cricket Player Manager
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hansie Cronje movie

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    I agree with Richard here(wonders never cease!). If a woman tries to assualt me, she is fair game. period. Infact i have did clock a street tramp once who pulled a knife on me and tried to stab me......

OK CC..that was life preserving self defense.

that is completely differenet to this:
    'Well I'm don't find it unthinkably disraceful to hit females if they hit me, yes.
    If a convention strikes me as inappropriate, I'm happy to defy it.'

Richards appears to be more an act of revenge,thats what I find terrible
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Looks a very good film. I think the zimbabwe saga would also make a good film, or at least a documentary.

iv heard they makin a film in india about cricket with kapil dev in it itl be interedting to see

Kapil Dev in Bollywood
    12th Mar 2005 10.22 IST
    By Agencies

Cricket legend Kapil Dev is all set to make a debut in Bollywood with a role to play himself in a film on cricket to be produced by showman Subhash Ghai.

"It is very gracious of Kapil Dev to act in our film. He (Kapil) was moved by the inspiring story of the boy in the film who aspires to be a part of the Indian cricket team inspite of all the hurdles that come in his way," Ghai said in a release by Mukta Arts, his home banner, in Mumbai on Friday.

Kapil accepted to be part of the film after hearing the script narrated by Ghai, the release said.

The movie, tentatively named `Iqbal', is a story of a young boy who dreams of being a part of the Indian Cricket team and conquers all the obstacles that come in his way of achieving his dream.

Nagesh Kuknoor of `Hyderabad Blues' fame, will direct the film, slated for release in June, while Naseeruddin Shah, Girish Karnad, Shweta Prasad would feature in the film along with the protagonist played by Shreyas Talpade, the release added.
    beware of ''THE-AFRIDI'' factor

''If this kid was in America he could have made millions playing base ball '' BOYCOTT

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    It will make a quite good film

all movies featuring good cricket are cool !
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I hate to contribute to an already off-topic thread, in CC nonetheless, but i have to say something. First of all, I believe violence should and generally can be avoided in all situations. A man beating his helpless wife is unacceptable. A man hitting a woman after she has hit him is acceptable. A woman can't expect to kick, slap or punch someone else and not experience some retaliation. I get quite annoyed with all these things guys are meant to do for girls (letting ladies go first, having to pay for them [unless one earns considerably more than the other], etc.). In today's world of supposed equality, both sexes need to be treated fairly and equally. And as for girls actually fighting, I know quite a few girls at school that could probably give me a good run for my money in a fight.

And to steer this thread back on topic, I doubt it would be a Hollywood production, which is a pity because I'd like to be able to watch it, and it'd be hard to actually get my hands on a copy if it's not. And I was quite oblivious as to what was going on at the time-- what was Gibbs' reason for his involvement?
    Last edited by andyc; 16-03-2005 at 09:00 AM.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    I hate to contribute to an already off-topic thread, in CC nonetheless, but i have to say something. First of all, I believe violence should and generally can be avoided in all situations. A man beating his helpless wife is unacceptable. A man hitting a woman after she has hit him is acceptable. A woman can't expect to kick, slap or punch someone else and not experience some retaliation. I get quite annoyed with all these things guys are meant to do for girls (letting ladies go first, having to pay for them [unless one earns considerably more than the other], etc.). In today's world of supposed equality, both sexes need to be treated fairly and equally. And as for girls actually fighting, I know quite a few girls at school that could probably give me a good run for my money in a fight.

TBH I dont really want to get into this again...but...

Obviously I have a different way of looking at these types of things. Self defense..fair enough...An act of revenge for a woman hitting you..well out of order. My opinion, and I am quite shocked that no-one else has backed me up on that one.

Back to the cricket...

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    all movies featuring good cricket are cool !
    Has there ever been one?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Has there ever been one?
    Spinal Tap's manager carried a cricket bat with him!

There was a game in The Go Between too.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    No, it's just Richard challenging convention again (!)
    Not simply for the sake of it, it's not.
    It's me standing-up for something I believe in - very firmly, far more than anything in a mere cricket match.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    OK CC..that was life preserving self defense.

that is completely differenet to this:
    'Well I'm don't find it unthinkably disraceful to hit females if they hit me, yes.
    If a convention strikes me as inappropriate, I'm happy to defy it.'

Richards appears to be more an act of revenge,thats what I find terrible
    And if some tiny little guy goes up and punches a huge guy it's "terrible" for him to hit him back?
    Because if not you're a hypocrite of the highest order.

I cannot believe you're continuing to argue...
    Then you should know better by now.

This goes back to the old thinking before posting idea that I was apparently wrong to highlight.
    Which fortunately I spotted in time to do something about this time.
    And I hardly think you can blame me for wanting to post ASAP, given the extreme nature of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    I hate to contribute to an already off-topic thread, in CC nonetheless, but i have to say something.
    There is no shame whatsoever in that.
    First of all, I believe violence should and generally can be avoided in all situations. A man beating his helpless wife is unacceptable.
    I agree wholeheartedly on both counts.
    And I should add that the repeated abuse of a (professed) loved one such as wife-beating is one of the most evil things humankind can do.
    But that doesn't mean wife (or girlfriend) -beating is any more unacceptible than husband (or boyfriend) -beating - be it by hetrosexual women or homosexual men.
    And that's something I'd not imagine many people understand, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    Obviously I have a different way of looking at these types of things. Self defense..fair enough...An act of revenge for a woman hitting you..well out of order. My opinion, and I am quite shocked that no-one else has backed me up on that one.
    Hopefully, though not neccessarily in my experience, an indication that this old-fashioned way of looking at things is being thrown-out.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information