• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hansie Cronje movie

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
I'd almost imagine telling a joke in front of you would be wildly inappropriate :p
:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:
It's all a matter of opinion as to what's inappropriate I suppose, you can always offend someone if you try hard enough.
But joking about premature death by tragedy is always likely to offend plenty.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
and do you think carrying out outragously violent acts against people (in a society where violent reaction such as this low down on..infact is criminal) is not wildly inappropriate...in fact, much more so.

Or is this you just defying convention again Richard?
Well I'm don't find it unthinkably disraceful to hit females if they hit me, yes.
If a convention strikes me as inappropriate, I'm happy to defy it.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Well I'm perfectly happy to hit females if they hit me, yes.
If a convention strikes me as inappropriate, I'm happy to defy it.
Sweet Jesus....you are perfectly happy to hit females now (whether or not they hit you is irrelevent)

So you find the 'convention' of man not striking a woman inappropriate.

I sometimes find your ideas strange about cricket....right now, I find you pretty sad and extremely pathetic.

One of these days, with that attitude, you will either find yourself behind bars, or on the end of a pretty well deserved battering

I am actually shocked that anyone could admit to such a thing and use the word 'happy' twice whilst doing it.

sorry if I am going overboard here, but Richard, you as a person/net entity, have gone spiralling down big time in my opinion

Swervy

International Captain
I was going to reply to the post you just put on here..but have now just deleted...probably for the best I think, as it was just as pathetic

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
Sweet Jesus....you are perfectly happy to hit females now (whether or not they hit you is irrelevent)
How the hell is it irrelevant?
Why'd anyone WANT to hit someone unless they've been hit first?
So you find the 'convention' of man not striking a woman inappropriate.
Yes, I do, because I see no good reason for it.
I sometimes find your ideas strange about cricket....right now, I find you pretty sad and extremely pathetic.
Why? Because you're a typial "poor little females" sort of guy?
One of these days, with that attitude, you will either find yourself behind bars, or on the end of a pretty well deserved battering
Oh, yeah? Funny how it hasn't happened already, then.
I am actually shocked that anyone could admit to such a thing and use the word 'happy' twice whilst doing it.
Well, all right, happy isn't appropriate and I'll change it, I'm never happy about hitting someone - but I am not unhappy, no.
sorry if I am going overboard here, but Richard, you as a person/net entity, have gone spiralling down big time in my opinion
You are going incredibly overboard, just like anyone else pathetic enough to endear to that ludicrous convention which has no basis in non-hypocritical fact.
The only possible basis appears to me to be "pick on someone your own size" syndrome, which I'm a big believer in - I don't like physical intimidation.
But, funnily enough, the outrage when a big guy hits a small guy isn't anywhere near the outrage when a small guy hits a small girl. As for if a big girl hits a small guy - well, it's practically non-existent. Oh, and another one - if a little guy hits a big guy, he's asking for it, yeah? So he can't be surprised if he gets whacked back. But if a small girl hits a small guy - oh, no, how dare he endeavour to strike even.
And all this ******** is for one reason - the typical modern-day ***ism that females are in some way absolved from blame in physical confrontation - the same way so many guys have this sick obession with "bitch-fights".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
I was going to reply to the post you just put on here..but have now just deleted...probably for the best I think, as it was just as pathetic
No, I just decided something more appropriate was needed - see above.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Incidentally, I'd not be surprised to see this get closed before all that long. But I feel this is one of the greatest social injustices and while this may not be the place to discuss it I don't think it should be swept under ' carpet.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im not sure what to make of this movie.. I still regard Hansie as a brilliant human being, albeit a tainted one.. Way back, he used to be a role model to me and I'm not sure I want people going over and over the Hansie story.. Won't they ever let him R.I.P?? Okay what he did was awful, but I for one would rather celebrate the good things he did..

I'll definitely watch the movie out of curiousity.. It won't be something I'll do very willingly though..

One day my instructor is going to tell me we're flying to George Intl, and i'll have to fly right over that mountain and not think about what happened there..
Maybe the movie will be something of an education..

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
How the hell is it irrelevant?
Why'd anyone WANT to hit someone unless they've been hit first?

Yes, I do, because I see no good reason for it.

Why? Because you're a typial "poor little females" sort of guy?

Oh, yeah? Funny how it hasn't happened already, then.

Well, all right, happy isn't appropriate and I'll change it, I'm never happy about hitting someone - but I am not unhappy, no.

You are going incredibly overboard, just like anyone else pathetic enough to endear to that ludicrous convention which has no basis in non-hypocritical fact.
The only possible basis appears to me to be "pick on someone your own size" syndrome, which I'm a big believer in - I don't like physical intimidation.
But, funnily enough, the outrage when a big guy hits a small guy isn't anywhere near the outrage when a small guy hits a small girl. As for if a big girl hits a small guy - well, it's practically non-existent. Oh, and another one - if a little guy hits a big guy, he's asking for it, yeah? So he can't be surprised if he gets whacked back. But if a small girl hits a small guy - oh, no, how dare he endeavour to strike even.
And all this ******** is for one reason - the typical modern-day ***ism that females are in some way absolved from blame in physical confrontation - the same way so many guys have this sick obession with "bitch-fights".
I cant beleive you are trying to make me look like the unreasonable one here..quite unreal.

I dont think it would be a bad thing if this thread is closed...its got just too strange..you start off ticking off a well liked, well respected..and dare I say it (no offense intended LE!!!) well lived fella on here for coming out with a witty yet maybe off colour joke about one of the biggest cheats ever to walk onto an internation cricket ground,move onto smacking people in the face and then move on to the pleasures of hitting women and accuse me of being 'poor little females' kind of guy.

You are just too much

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, you are the f*cking unreasonable one.
I notice you've managed to massively exaggerate my take on the issue with garbage like "the pleasures of hitting women"; tried using the "le's popular so how dare you criticise him for anything" tack; brand Cronje the biggest cheat ever and suggest that's a good reason to joke about his tragic death; yet failed to come-up with anything remotely resembling a justification for your stupid views when I've justified mine quite suitably.
Your argument here is a bad joke, and I don't use that analogy lightly.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
No, you are the f*cking unreasonable one.
I notice you've managed to massively exaggerate my take on the issue with garbage like "the pleasures of hitting women"; tried using the "le's popular so how dare you criticise him for anything" tack; brand Cronje the biggest cheat ever and suggest that's a good reason to joke about his tragic death; yet failed to come-up with anything remotely resembling a justification for your stupid views when I've justified mine quite suitably.
Your argument here is a bad joke, and I don't use that analogy lightly.
I beleive we all use the tool of hyperbole to emphasise points..I beleive you even admitted to exaggerating somewhere on this forum not too long ago to make a point. (but dont quote me..you have probably deleted the offending post already).

Anyway, I dont really need to get into justifying why I think your comments were completely out of line..if you think its alright to smack a girl in the face if she has hit you, thats up to you (obviously forgetting that the even 'small' bloke is more likely to be stronger than the girl and is likely to do more damage)...

Your thoughts on this matter actually effect in no way what so ever..on your head be what ever ramifications may occur due to your attitude. However I would suggest you take a step back from the situation if a girl ever does whack you one..you never know who her boyfriend is, or how big that guy maybe

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, believe me, I know how to look after myself.
I believe your stance does need justifying, and so far you have managed to provide sod-all, except this bit:
obviously forgetting that the even 'small' bloke is more likely to be stronger than the girl and is likely to do more damage
which is true to a small, insignificant extent - a bloke\girl of equal weight will almost certainly have similar force \ inflict similar damage if they put in equal effort.
So if you want integrity, other than from those who share your bul****ting generalisation-convention attitudes, you do need to provide some credible justification.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Oh, believe me, I know how to look after myself.
I believe your stance does need justifying, and so far you have managed to provide sod-all, except this bit: which is true to a small, insignificant extent - a bloke\girl of equal weight will almost certainly have similar force \ inflict similar damage if they put in equal effort.
So if you want integrity, other than from those who share your bul****ting generalisation-convention attitudes, you do need to provide some credible justification.
well maybe I am just an old fashioned fuddy duddy who just beleives its wrong to hit a woman, whatever the circumstances..and for that I dont need to justify myself

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
a bloke\girl of equal weight will almost certainly have similar force \ inflict similar damage if they put in equal effort.
thats rubbish anyway.....by and large a bloke of say 10 stone will pack a harder punch than a girl of 10 stone

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You are indeed an old-fashioned fuddy-duddy (or similar) who supports an illicit and nonsensical notion just because "that's the way they taught me".
But of course no logical debunktion will have the slightest impact.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
thats rubbish anyway.....by and large a bloke of say 10 stone will pack a harder punch than a girl of 10 stone
Really?
I'd be interested to see the evidence for that one.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Really?
I'd be interested to see the evidence for that one.
no evidence to hand..although it does strike me (excuse the pun) that there is a reason why mens boxing is separated from womens boxing

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So boxing is down to mainly to strength?
I mean, I don't know much about it, but the way I understand strength is a relatively secondary matter.