• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sami going the Agarkar road

vvk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think by observing Mohammed Sami's performances over the last few months I don't see any significant improvement in his performance. He's been touted as an excellent "prospect" for years now and he has yet to deliver, I think the time has come for the chop to be honest. His record in both forms of the game, especially test cricket, is apalling. I don't think luck, as many have claimed, is the main issue here - he has had a long enough run in the team without delivering the goods.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Sami & Agarkar... Well they are very similar bowlers.. Both have relatively small frames, very skiddy kind of action.. generate quite a bit of pace although Sami is quicker... similar test bowling averages too.. but Agarkar wins -- because hes a better batsman and his ears are BIGGER! :p

Sudeep

International Captain
Totally off-topic, but I assume the VSAS in your signature has something to do with Sehwag. Why would Sehwag need an appreciation society? Everyone recognises his talent of destructing a bowler...

AA needs one, because they aren't many who can identify the talent he possesses.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Sudeep said:
Totally off-topic, but I assume the VSAS in your signature has something to do with Sehwag. Why would Sehwag need an appreciation society? Everyone recognises his talent of destructing a bowler...

AA needs one, because they aren't many who can identify the talent he possesses.
spot on.. virender sehwag appreciation society.. i set this up long ago.. way before his 309... when people believed that he was a slogger and he did not deserve a place in the test team, they believed he had a pathetic technique...
n now the VSAS has become a part of me!! :cool:

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
honestbharani said:
Agarkar has a test match hundred at Lords.........pfft.
Yeah and now that would be the reminder it would need for the selectors to select him...now that Balaji has almost cemented his place for like (how many wickets did he get...? aaah 8 so...) 8 months

AA will be a batting all-rounder now in the team...

Who am I kidding? Is this the doom of AA? I hope not

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sudeep said:

Pre-2004 not many thought he was a talented test batsman. He's obviously proven he is.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am sure if we play Ajit for another 30 tests, he will surely score another century (and another run of 5 consecutive ducks) :D

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
honestbharani said:
I am sure if we play Ajit for another 30 tests, he will surely score another century (and another run of 5 consecutive ducks) :D
Thats so mean and heart-less :@

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
mohammed Sami's record has been average. I have always believed that he is over rated. Mediocre bowler. And when you compare it to Akhtar, he looks worse.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why on Earth anyone has ever rated Sami is totally beyond me.
Wow, he totally destroyed NZ a couple of times (3 years apart)... big deal.
He's been about as bad as it's possible to be apart from that.
As for Agarkar, well... he took wickets in ODIs for longer than Sami did.

masterblaster

International Captain
Richard said:
Why on Earth anyone has ever rated Sami is totally beyond me.
Wow, he totally destroyed NZ a couple of times (3 years apart)... big deal.
He's been about as bad as it's possible to be apart from that.
As for Agarkar, well... he took wickets in ODIs for longer than Sami did.
Yep, fastest to 50 wickets :cool:
Also at just 27 years of age he's got around 200 ODI wickets, if he keeps playing he could well surpass 300 wickets one day as he's just a young guy still.

Agarkar > Sami

I rather have Agarkar in my team then Sami anyday if I had to choose between the two.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would chose Sami over Agarkar because of the inconsistency of Agarkar. That guy has been given more chances than any one in the history of cricket. Agarkar does have he better talent but that is not the only factor in international cricket. You need the fitness, both mental and physical to deliver.

I would hate to chose any one between the two but given an option, yeah.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For me, it is Agarkar. They are both not very good as bowlers, although Sami can bowl the odd hostile spell and Agarkar can bowl the odd spell where he swings the ball both ways.... And Agarkar is a better batter and fielder. Soz...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
masterblaster said:
Yep, fastest to 50 wickets :cool:
Also at just 27 years of age he's got around 200 ODI wickets, if he keeps playing he could well surpass 300 wickets one day as he's just a young guy still.

Agarkar > Sami

I rather have Agarkar in my team then Sami anyday if I had to choose between the two.
Well I'd certainly pick Agarkar if it was a straight choice - because Agarkar can bat (he can... really, I promise you).
Nonetheless, Agarkar in the last 3 years.
It's still not terrible, but the ER is even worse than it used to be, and the average, while still under 30, is not low enough to compensate, as it used to be in earlier days.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Being a big-eared, useless, over-rated bowler known as an allrounder?