• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Top Batsmen in World Cricket today

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
We all know they are top batsmen in all of the major international sides. But here is my top 10:

1. Brian Lara
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Ricky Ponting
5. Jaques Kallis
6. Inzamam Ul-haq
7. Matthew Hayden
8. Adam Gilchrist
9. Damien Martyn
10. Virender Sehwag

You all must note i am rating these blokes on test match crikcet not one-dayers, also their performances againts every team, in all conditions over their entire careers to date. I have also rated the non-aussie players peromances againts australia before i put them into my top ten simply because if u want to be the best u got to play well againts the best

a massive zebra

International Captain
1. Rahul Dravid
2. Ricky Ponting
3. Brian Lara
4. Jacques Kallis
5. Virender Sehwag
6. Sachin Tendulkar
7. Inzamam-ul-Haq
8. Damien Martyn
9. Andrew Strauss
10. Adam Gilchrist

999. Hannan Sarkar :laughing:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

a massive zebra said:
No need to ruin this topic with your attitude. If the thread is not to your taste just ignore it and don't post.
by george mate u were quite stern thier

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

not being harsh ir rude when i say this but come on mate lets be bit seious about this thread, is that ok mate :thumbsup:

twctopcat

International Regular
a massive zebra said:
No need to ruin this topic with your attitude. If the thread is not to your taste just ignore it and don't post.
Fair point, my favourite that stand out, in no particular order:

1. Rahul Dravid
2. Brian Lara
3. Virender Sehwag
4. Adam Gilchrist
5. Inzamam Ul-haq
6. Ricky Ponting
7. Jacques Kallis

a massive zebra

International Captain
aussie said:
okkkkkk then, whi do think is better Lara or tendulkar, i say lara
Lara at his best is much better than Tendulkar at his best, but until recently Tendulkar was far more consistent and didn't suffer any Laraesque form slumps.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

a massive zebra said:
Lara at his best is much better than Tendulkar at his best, but until recently Tendulkar was far more consistent and didn't suffer any Laraesque form slumps.
agreed, also another huge factor that makes lara better than tendulkar is that he has played numerous match winning innings for west indies and also when he is in form he can kill u not that tendulkar cant has well but lara makes u feel with some hugggge scores namely his 375 & 400 not out againts my beloved englsihmen, 277 & 213 againts australia, his superb 153 not out in barbados in 99 and so much others.