• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future ****Stars**** of Australian Cricket

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
They are many good young players coming up in australia at the moment, but they are a few players I have singled out for great potential careers whenever their opportunity comes in the australian team. Three (4) Names such has Shaun Tait, Luke Ronchi, Cameron White and Shane Watson.

While others such as phil jaques, marcus north, craig philipson, mitchell johnson and numerous others to me would make an impact. If u guys dont agree that tait, ronchi, white and watson dont have potential to back it up i have facts to back it up.

deeps

International 12th Man
dont rait tait :P

nor do i rate cam white......... shane watson has some talent, but i dont think he will be a super star as some make him out to be.......cam white can be a decent player as well,but not world class either....

ronchi is someone to look out for thoug.........marcus north is very good and watch for him too, though he is a 50 50

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Blaze said:
Ronchi is a kiwi. We will have him back thanks
no u wont. He said quite distinctively in late 2002 that he has no intentions of playing for new zealand even though he was born their.

Blaze

Banned
aussie said:
no u wont. He said quite distinctively in late 2002 that he has no intentions of playing for new zealand even though he was born their.

Unfair. You don't need him

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Blaze said:
Unfair. You don't need him
well what can you do mate. Thats what the bloke said, he wants to follow in his fellow western australian (Gilchrist) and be the aussie keeper

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

yeah so what if i have done it twice, it a very intersting topic because i'm sure we all want to know what the future holds for australia if they can continue to be so dominant.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Cameron White ever becomes a leading Aussie player that's The Ashes sewn-up from 2007 until someone displaces him!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
yeah so what if i have done it twice, it a very intersting topic because i'm sure we all want to know what the future holds for australia if they can continue to be so dominant.
Why don't you just bump up the original thread?

Chris Hinton,

Once you can write a sentence complete with punctuation, I'll take notice of what you are saying.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
If Cameron White ever becomes a leading Aussie player that's The Ashes sewn-up from 2007 until someone displaces him!
Ahh, another one of your ridiculous list of "poor" players that you will remain blinkered about for the rest of your days. No doubt if Cameron White was to develop into the world's greatest leg spinner and take 500 test wickets @ 20 you would still claim he was simply lucky.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, I wouldn't, I'd say he'd improved beyond what I believed possible.
Right now there is no disputing he's a joke and this is one of those rare instances where I'm willing to say I don't think that'll change.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's played 1 Test-match!
And he's quite clearly a quality batsman at the domestic-First-Class level.
He's pretty poor in ODIs, yes, but then again it wasn't really a great idea to pick him for them, given his lack of pedigree in that game-form.
And in the First-Class game his bowling certainly has potential if you ask me.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
username1234 said:
shane watson looks pretty average i dont think he will grow to be a world class alrounder.
He's far from a born ODI player. He has a long test career in front of him, however.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Richard said:
No, I wouldn't, I'd say he'd improved beyond what I believed possible.
Right now there is no disputing he's a joke and this is one of those rare instances where I'm willing to say I don't think that'll change.
more ignorance cameron white is by no means a joke, he very talented since his youuth days big things were touted for him, look how well he performed for austrlaia (a) this season agiants west indies and pakistan a lot of cricket followers have spoken highly about him due to his consistent performances with the bat for victoria even though his bowling hasn't been so good because he is captain and doesn't bowl himself that often but that will develop for sure, its only u with ur foolish statements think otherwise.

Frankly mate i bored looking at ur ludacris posts i've only been here 2 weeks an already i'm bored.

will the richard saga ever end????????

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
more ignorance cameron white is by no means a joke, he very talented since his youuth days big things were touted for him
Big things are touted for all sorts of players.
They're achieved in maybe 1 in 30 cases.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

username1234 said:
shane watson looks pretty average i dont think he will grow to be a world class alrounder.
same thing was said about flintoff when he came onto the seen in 1998 look where freddie is now i the words of david llyod `` just give some time`` you will see because he has heaps of potential even the last great aussie allrounder allan davidson stated that he can be australia's next great allrounder, by geoge i agree with him