• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Crickets speed demons

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
social said:
And here.

Any more contradictions you'd like me to pick you up upon.
How are these contradictions, again?
Where have I said that Pakistan played Lee well?

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
No, that's not what he did at all.
Yes, it is - even if he was being sarcastic (or whether he actually thought I had written that) he was basically just doing what Jono, for instance, does a lot and says "ah, someone's tried to debunk Richard, let's heap praise on this post".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
With Harmy in rank form & Fred and Shoaib currently incapacitated is there a genuinely quick bowler performing in tests to any standard at all just now?
Is there ever?
Mostly the really quick bowlers aren't that good.
Shoaib and Bond (in ODIs) are about the only two good swing-bowlers who bowl at 90mph+ ATM, and even Shoaib's still stupidly inconsistent.
I haven't seen any of the first test, but Sami's figures were pretty modest. I doubt he'd have got much assistance from the pitch, mind!
Sami will almost certainly have bowled as poorly as ever.
Given the pathetically poor bowler he is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
People saying "he's not as fast as he used to be".
Nothing I'd enjoy more than AGAIN the fallibility of human eyes in judging speed being exposed by him breaking the 90mph barrier again.

Blaze

Banned
Richard said:
People saying "he's not as fast as he used to be".
Nothing I'd enjoy more than AGAIN the fallibility of human eyes in judging speed being exposed by him breaking the 90mph barrier again.

You would enjoy nothing more than that?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
A demonstration of how ridiculous the argument to get Lee into the side has become.
If anyone seriously thinks he's half the bowler Gillespie is they need psychiatric treatment.
Good heavens - I'm so confused. Whose argument should I respect more - Richard's or Chris Cairns'?

Can someone help me out?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blaze said:
You would enjoy nothing more than that?
No, I wouldn't.
I'd enjoy LOTS and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of things as much, but none more.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
Good heavens - I'm so confused. Whose argument should I respect more - Richard's or Chris Cairns'?

Can someone help me out?
My argument is simply what Cairns was suggesting.
Was he just being inexplicably arrogant, or was he trying some clever tactics to make life easier for his team?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Richard said:
Funny, then, that his economy-rate has not improved at all - as I showed a little while ago, this season has followed an almost identical pattern to 2002\03, and the fact that everyone has reported that his accuracy has improved simply shows to me that they haven't watched him for ages, rather than having watched him and been reminded constantly of how poor he is.
thats totally inaccurate. his economy rate has improved this season. For example at the start of the VB series his economy rate was 4.80 now its 4.68, and i want u to prove to me that lee is poor, if lee is poor than harmison is much poorer

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He certainly is, find where I've said Harmison is that good?
His economy-rate has also improved after other series.
Nonetheless his economy-rate in 2004\05 is 4.45-an-over, his average 19.93.
Strangely similar to 2002\03 (4.63-an-over, average 19.25).
The games take a similar pattern, too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Richard said:

Another crazy comment, sami is one of the best young fast bolwers in world cricket, maybe his test record with an average of 45 isn't special but u weren't hear any commentator saying that, everyone knows how talented sami is and the more he plays. Plus sami didn't bowl poorly in mohali younis khan dropped sehwag off him quite early and he bowled an extended 12 over spell on the morning of the third day were he got dravid.

richard mate think befroe u make these ppor statements about players

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sami has been playing international cricket for 4 years, has played 19 Test-matches and 66 ODIs.
And his record in both forms is abysmal.
Sami may or may not have some potential, but he's one of the worst players around ATM.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Richard said:
Sami has been playing international cricket for 4 years, has played 19 Test-matches and 66 ODIs.
And his record in both forms is abysmal.
Sami may or may not have some potential, but he's one of the worst players around ATM.
yes his 98 wickets in 68 odi's at an average of 27 but gosh richard how can u say he is one of the worst players around, thats a ppor thing to say he is one of the most talented young players around at the moment. You just keep coming up with these ludacris statements.

here is a list of some good young players in world cricket let me hear ur wondeful views on them:

Sarwan
Clarke
De Villiers
Butt
Marshall
Malinga
Watson
Shoaib Malik

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
yes his 98 wickets in 68 odi's at an average of 27 but gosh richard how can u say he is one of the worst players around, thats a ppor thing to say he is one of the most talented young players around at the moment. You just keep coming up with these ludacris statements.
Sami's ODI average is ridiculously flattering and even then it's still plain poor combined with his appalling economy-rate.
here is a list of some good young players in world cricket let me hear ur wondeful views on them:

Sarwan
Good batsman, not quite as good as his Test and ODI records make him look.
Hugely overhyped.
De Villiers
Very very good player already, should be around for ages.
Huge ODI prospect, not so sure in Tests.
Hamish? Xavier? Xavier haven't a clue, Hamish very good ODI player already, quite possibly a Test prospect too.
Appalling bowler, needs to do some serious work if he wants to make the grade.
Great Test prospect.
Shoaib Malik
Superb ODI batsman, very useful bowler in the right conditions. No use at either in Tests.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
What evidence has there been of Bond bowling alot slower? According to papers & the like here in NZ, batsmen who have faced him so far believe he's bowling as quick as he was before his back injury in 2003.

NZ desperately need either Bond or Butler to return or maybe the emergence of our 2 quick youth players Sherlock or Davis. God knows when that will happen..as it stands they're all recovering from injury at the moment!

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:
We'll see, personally I'm backing them to take apart Pathan, Balaji, Khan and anyone else who gets picked in the ODIs in a few weeks' time. With Salman leading the way.

You mean the kid who knows how to save his head while facing a bouncer but don't know the basic fact to keep the bat down?

The way he fared in the first test, chances are that he will have a poor series.

wahindiawah

Banned
aussie said:
Richard said:

Another crazy comment, sami is one of the best young fast bolwers in world cricket, maybe his test record with an average of 45 isn't special but u weren't hear any commentator saying that, everyone knows how talented sami is and the more he plays. Plus sami didn't bowl poorly in mohali younis khan dropped sehwag off him quite early and he bowled an extended 12 over spell on the morning of the third day were he got dravid.

richard mate think befroe u make these ppor statements about players
Richard is right on Sami, the guy is CRAP, a loose cannon with no direction. Lee has the ability to do well in test matches in future, Sami on the other hand will soon be out of international cricket (hopfully for Pak)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Hugely overhyped.
Have you even seen him play yet? You didn't watch the series in India right? And you aren't watching the current New Zealand series... did you see the Australian summer? Have you seen his magnificent ODI performances?

He's hyped, but overhyped implies that he's not good enough to deserve said hype, and I'd say pretty definitively that he is, just like Strauss and Kaneria.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Lee is bowling 160 km's with incredible accuracy. I think he's got to be in the playing 11 for the Ashes, because he will be a SERIOUS threat to the English.