• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne joins England in race for the comeback of 2004

biased indian

International Coach
i hope they don't give it to warne he is banned for taking drugs and he is allowed toplay again with in a year and does well and it is treated as a come back :p

i hope they do give it to the Italian Alessandro Zanardi, who returned to motor racing after losing both legs in a crash.

England has some chance but with zanardi there i dont think they are going to get it

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sorry to say something quite irrelevant, but why the hell did BaggyGreen/Cricinfo choose that picture of Shane Warne to attach of the article. Holy crap, the 'picture attacher guy' ( :sleep: ) must have found that pic and had a big laugh.

biased indian

International Coach
Jono said:
Sorry to say something quite irrelevant, but why the hell did BaggyGreen/Cricinfo choose that picture of Shane Warne to attach of the article. Holy crap, the 'picture attacher guy' ( :sleep: ) must have found that pic and had a big laugh.
it says it all doesn't it

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
biased indian said:
i hope they do give it to the Italian Alessandro Zanardi, who returned to motor racing after losing both legs in a crash.
Crime against humanity if Alessandro doesn't get it.
Truly a beacon of remarkability, his case.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Considering what he came back from he has no right winning it. Severe case of double standards if ever there was one - no one else would even have been considered for the award if they had been coming back from a drugs ban.

Warne appears to have gained his place by virtue of reputation. The fact he was returning from a drug ban should have been taken into consideration, but Warne is one of those characters whose flaws and misdemeanours are constantly brushed aside or ignored.

Scallywag

Banned
a massive zebra said:
Severe case of double standards if ever there was one - no one else would even have been considered for the award if they had been coming back from a drugs ban.

QUOTE]

So why was Daly making a comeback.

Scallywag

Banned
a massive zebra said:
Considering what he came back from he has no right winning it. Severe case of double standards if ever there was one - no one else would even have been considered for the award if they had been coming back from a drugs ban.

Warne appears to have gained his place by virtue of reputation. The fact he was returning from a drug ban should have been taken into consideration, but Warne is one of those characters whose flaws and misdemeanours are constantly brushed aside or ignored.
Should check before declaring double standards Zebra, Marion Jones is also nominated, now I wonder why she had a break from sport.

Scallywag

Banned
twctopcat said:
As in John Daly? I thought he was just a recovering alcoholic, or am i missing something??
Alcohol is a drug, Daly abused that drug to the point where he could no longer compete. And I dont just mean from playing.

twctopcat

International Regular
Scallywag said:
Alcohol is a drug, Daly abused that drug to the point where he could no longer compete. And I dont just mean from playing.
Yeah true but i thought you meant illegal drugs, though they are both just as harmless. I think i remember seeing how john actually still drinks, he finds it better than t total, which he cannot seem to cope with.

Scallywag

Banned
twctopcat said:
Yeah true but i thought you meant illegal drugs, though they are both just as harmless. I think i remember seeing how john actually still drinks, he finds it better than t total, which he cannot seem to cope with.
Correct me if I'm wrong but playing drunk is illegal in professioal golf.

Also diuretics are not illegal drugs.

twctopcat

International Regular
Scallywag said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but playing drunk is illegal in professioal golf.

Also diuretics are not illegal drugs.
He doesn't drink on the course, and i doubt that is a rule, so long as you can conduct yourself properly, which probably isn't the case when drunk. And i never said diuretics were illegal drugs.

Scallywag

Banned
twctopcat said:
He doesn't drink on the course, and i doubt that is a rule, so long as you can conduct yourself properly, which probably isn't the case when drunk. And i never said diuretics were illegal drugs.
Playing any professional sport under the influence of alchol is illegal. And I never said you said diuretics were illegal if you were infering I said you said diuretics were illegal.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scallywag said:
Should check before declaring double standards Zebra, Marion Jones is also nominated, now I wonder why she had a break from sport.
Of course it's entirely inappropriate for ANYONE to be nominated for a comeback when the problems are self-inflicted.