• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne blasts Bracewell

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_dat...S/2005/MAR/199539_NZAUS2004-05_08MAR2005.html

Interesting stuff there, not that I can really fault any of it. Some of Bracewell's accusations were really quite ridiculous, particularly the one claiming that Ponting speaking with the umpires about Australian players being pelted with things by the crowd was "gamesmanship".

Regardless I can't imagine too many New Zealand fans and players, not to mention Bracewell himself, will be too happy about Warne speaking out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can't say I disagree with any of it. Then again, it hasn't helped the 'situation'.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I think Bracewell's a nutjob, and I'm guessing a lot of other people do as well. So I don't think Warne's going to be too worried about what he thinks. All these comments WERE ridiculous.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_dat...S/2005/MAR/199539_NZAUS2004-05_08MAR2005.html

Interesting stuff there, not that I can really fault any of it. Some of Bracewell's accusations were really quite ridiculous, particularly the one claiming that Ponting speaking with the umpires about Australian players being pelted with things by the crowd was "gamesmanship".

Regardless I can't imagine too many New Zealand fans and players, not to mention Bracewell himself, will be too happy about Warne speaking out.
It's not the first time Bracewell's had a whinge, is it. Remember his moans about the English wickets after last year's 3-0? Sounds like he's feeling the pressure.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bracewell's had a shocker in the media recently, but Its not like Warne's never whinged and made excuses.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
Bracewell's had a shocker in the media recently, but Its not like Warne's never whinged and made excuses.
Warne's had some dummy spits in the past certainly, but he's never gone so far as to practically accuse the opposition captain of cheating because he attempted to ensure the safety of his players. In fact, I don't remember him ever accusing anyone of cheating - which Bracewell has done in a slightly veiled manner several times over the summer, first with the groundstaff, then with whoever the hell it was he thought tampered with HawkEye, and then with Ponting and Lee during this series.

Scallywag

Banned
biased indian said:
Basically there is no difference between warne and Bracewell
Warne does attract people who are jealous of his life style and pry on his personal life but I cant think of anybody that goes that far with Bracewell, he seems to just make stupid comments about opposing cricket teams.

Langeveldt

Soutie
wpdavid said:
It's not the first time Bracewell's had a whinge, is it. Remember his moans about the English wickets after last year's 3-0? Sounds like he's feeling the pressure.
That effectively caused me to take little notice of the tool.. Someone who can't take being thoroughly outclassed is a real pet hate of mine..l

anzac

International Debutant
I'm more convinced than every that the SRL series will be Bracewell's last as NZL Coach.........and that ZIM / RSA may be John Wright's 1st if he wants the job!!!!!!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
anzac said:
I'm more convinced than every that the SRL series will be Bracewell's last as NZL Coach.........and that ZIM / RSA may be John Wright's 1st if he wants the job!!!!!!
It's just a shame his contract expires after the 2007 World Cup then. He certainly won't be dumped because of the shocking display this series but the Kiwi test record since he has been named coach is obviously appalling and it doesn't seem to be improving. I can't imagine John Wright becoming involved with New Zealand Cricket again in the near future though.

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
i'm a new zealander and i think what warne said wasn't bad and it was funny.

Bracewell has to go, the only reason he's still there is his odi record but thats going down the potty

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
That effectively caused me to take little notice of the tool.. Someone who can't take being thoroughly outclassed is a real pet hate of mine..l
You hate most sportsmen in The World, then? :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
meatspx said:
Bracewell is an idiot.
No, he's not, he's just got a very poor bunch of players to try and turn into a good outfit.
It's not his fault, even if he doesn't court popularity.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scallywag said:
Warne does attract people who are jealous of his life style and pry on his personal life
Yet like Michael Jackson, he doesn't exactly insulate himself against them, does he?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So why can't he just deal with it? Blaming Ponting for deliberately slowing the game down was ridiculous. Crying about the Gabba wicket was ridiculous as well. Don't even get me started on his claims that Hawkeye was changed to favour the home side. That doesn't even effect the gameplay!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
HawkEye's faulty - any fool can see that.
The stumps are superimposed a couple of centimetres to the left of where they should be.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hawkeye may be faulty but claiming that it was changed to favor the home side is really ridiculous.