• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UK vs World / Jayasuriya

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You asked where you'd said he wasn't an all-rounder, I showed you.
Unless you are 4 yr old who thinks the world goes dark when you close your eyes....you will know that it is a blatant lie.
You obviously don't know English if that's your definition of a blatant lie - A blatant lie is something that is clearly not true:

Posted by yourself on the 31st August:

"Where have i said he is not a allrounder? Show me a quote ?"

I showed you where you had said he wasn't an all-rounder, and your response was to intimate that you'd posted that he was a batsman who bowls, and not an all-rounder.

Then when I point out you had in effect just compounded my post, you cam up with:

"Trouble understanding comprehension?

I said he is a batsman who can bowl not a allrounder.

Just like Hick or Ganguly or Sehwag.

You talk as if i cried from rooftops that Jayasuriya is a allrounder. Twisting quotes to suit urself or trying to create new meanings for words doesnt show a lot of intelligence...oh wait you wouldnt know what intelligence means."

So you accused me of not understanding comprehension, when it was you who was wrong here.

Then I'm accused of twisting your quotes, when you yourself agreed you'd said what I said you'd said, and then went on to say that I'd accused you of "crying from the rooftops" that he is an allrounder?

Finally for that post you closed with an insult - not out of character for you I'd say.

I'm not even going to go into the stats issue again, except to point out that if we're talking about the period since Jayasuriya became captain, stats relating to that period are more relevant than stats relating to his whole career. Surely you're not going to dispute that?

Next, though we get:
"If you ever read your own posts..u will be surprised to see how senseless and illogical they are. "

Yet you are the one who is making a big fuss out of agreeing with what I said then criticising me - so who's illogical there?

Then you post a stat that clearly shows he has got a far greater percentage of tail-enders out since he became captain than before he was captain - erm isn't that my argument?

Next we get:
"U say he takes tailenders wickets, sucks as captain, cannot even be compared to gilchrist and tell me I WROTE HE WAS AN ALLROUNDER."

The key bit here is the capitals you posted - at no point have I said you called him an all-rounder, yet you persist in saying that I did.

Next you want us to : Tell me I wrote he was an allrounder

Erm, earlier you wanted me to show where you said he WASN'T an all-rounder - now you want to be shown where you said he is, make your mind up?

You wont recall coz i didnt say that. Marc just took my quote "he is a batsman who can bowl" into he is a allrounder as it would give his lie a little support.

No, I took the fact that you said that to say he isn't an all-rounder, a point you keep reiterating, despite the fact that we're actually agreeing about it?

You did come up with twisted stuff. Regarding the "Allrounder thing". Plz refesh ur memory. You didnt apologize for making up stuff. In my book thts twisted.

But haven't I just shown that on the all-rounder point, you are the onte that is making things up, but I see no apology from you, only insults saying that I'm twisted?

Your final word (for now I expect as you need to follow what you say here:) is -
Oh and when i make a mistake i APOLOGIZE. Unlike you i dont keep going all day even when wrong.

You cannot deny you made a mistake on the all-rounder point, so I await your apology.

As for the second sentence, I think there's a few posts "behind closed doors" that counter that quite nicely.

LE was right about you.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
This is like a deja vu...

This thing about Scorpio and callin him an all rounder, is exactly similar to when me and Scorpio were arguing.

I said that Ganguly was the second best Indian batsman along with Dravid when Ganguly became captain. Simple enough, right?

Well, Scorpio replies saying that I was wrong, and Azar and Siddhu were better than Ganguly. I thought it was an innocent mistake, and pointed out that when Ganguly became captain Siddhu had already played his last match. But Scorpio in turn kept saying that I was wrong and wouldnt admit his mistake, instead calling me foolish. I think just about then I had decided that I was done discussing stuff with Scorpio.

Just an innocent question, how old are you Scorpio?

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
I am sorry abt this allrounder buisness. I made a typo. I meant to write "where have i said he was a allrounder". Never realised i put a "not" in the middle by mistake.

I apologize for that. Was a genuine misunderstanding. The posts that followed that were following up on it..while i did not realise that typo.

But you have posted he takes only tailenders wickets and brings him on only when weaker bowlers are batting.

But out of the 5 examples you choose as your argument 2 show that he comes on earlier if the need arises. And out the 250 odd matches he played you pick 3 matches (Out of a career of 250 odd matches ) and form your opinion that he bowls only when tailenders bat.

FYI saqlain takes 32% of tailenders. So is he overrated and pak bring him on only when tailenders bat ?

I have given reasons why the percentage has increased. But i havent seen any reply from you addressing that issue ?

Regarding the "behind the counter business"..i have countered the arguments convincingly (IMO) but did not get a reply for that. No need to get smug over it. I dont see a point in dragging LE into this...do u ?

You made a sweeping generalization abt Jayasuriya...i countered it....now you have tempered it saying that just the percentage has gone up..while earlier you implied he doesnt get any one else except tailenders.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Roy..you have been waiting for a moment where i slip up right..heh. I have countered your arguments in that thread. Didnt get any reply there..coz obviously you made mistake.

We can argue solely on the base of averages...but for a mature discussion we have to take into account the opposition, home or away and performance against tougher teams.

There have been tons of arguments...but you have been silent on all those. The last straw you have now...has an qualifier but you choose not the read it.

Hope it answers your question mate. BTW i am old enough to prove your opinions wrong.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
We can argue solely on the base of averages...but for a mature discussion we have to take into account the opposition, home or away and performance against tougher teams.
Thats is ur problem, u dont seem to care about the discussion on hand and syart bringing in other stats. The argument was has Ganguly's stats deteriorated 'since becoming captain' and it was not 'if Gangul is weaker in certain conditions'. THis is also being replicated here, as if I am correct the discussion was if Jayasuria takes tail ender wickets since becoming captain', but you convolute the discussion by bringing in other unnecessary stats, and in essence try to divert the core of the argument. Still I might be worng in the above assessment about this Jayasuria discussion.

Roy..you have been waiting for a moment where i slip up right..heh. I have countered your arguments in that thread. Didnt get any reply there..coz obviously you made mistake.
I have not been waiting for any moment, dont flatter yourself buddy, I thought the discussion you had with LE was pretty bad, but here I see eerie similarities with the discussion we had, hence I brought it up.

No replies from me??? Are u kidding me, we filled up about ten pages, more than 200 posts with replies, and about half of them were mine. I am not sure how more replies you would like.