• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who is the toughest cricketer???

masterblaster

International Captain
Hayden, one of the most hulked up and probably 'strongest' guys in the world of cricket. Wouldn't want to have a fight with him really, but he's a nice Christian guy as someone said so I doubt he'll fight.

I remember good old Curtly Ambrose, wouldn't want to fight him when he's ****ed off!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Flintoff, Cairns, Hayden, Oram (you'd need a stepladder to hit him in the face), and, in his prime, Holding. Plenty of agression with him.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
masterblaster said:
I remember good old Curtly Ambrose, wouldn't want to fight him when he's ****ed off!
I take it you didn't envy Tugga's position in Trinidad! :p

But personally I think Kasprowicz looks like an all-around tough guy, especially when he hasn't shaved.

wahindiawah

Banned
imranrabb said:
Inzamam ul haq shouldnt be messed with,just ask the guy who called him aloo(potato) and he ended up in hospital

Afridi is way stronger than Inzi, and is the strongest one in my opinion

Others can be Symonds and Cairns

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Andrew Bichel. Strong as an ox and tough as nails. Also, detemined as a, as a, little help?
His spell in Sharjah, his general physical strength and the over in the ING Cup Final last year when he was cramping up are just a few examples

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I know that Symonds and Bichel are both very big, and i'd say both of them would be stronger then Afridi.

deeps

International 12th Man
doubt it, afridi is very deceptively strong...symonds possibly yes, bichel no. bichel is a huge man as well, but afridi would be stronger

in terms of fighitng i would NOT wanna b in andrew symond's wrong book...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am surprised no one mentioned Graeme smith. He is big. Is he a softie ?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Simon Jones just looks mean to me. So from pure image alone, I'd choose him.

Symonds looked pretty damn mean at the WC when he got that 2nd beamer from Waqar. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that look.

Overall I think Ambrose. Says a lot about Steve Waugh considering their 'collision' of sorts. I also remember something (well my dad told me this once) that Dean Jones once asked Ambrose to remove his arm bands or something? So Ambrose, obviously not impressed, decided to bowl him a few bouncers. That's one mean bloke lol.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Casson said:
I reckon someone who wouldn't back away in a fight would be Kevin Pietersen.. he's just got that "I'll kill you" attitude happening.
Good job too, he'll need it if he ever sets foot in SA again..

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Simon Jones just looks mean to me. So from pure image alone, I'd choose him.
He's welsh...couldn't bang a drum. ;)

I think Langer is scary. Flintoff would be if he had Murali's eyes...

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jeff wilson he's able to play rugby with big massive guys and looks pretty strong.
plus- hayden, afridi , cairns and half the south african team.