• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would Tatenda Taibu get in the India test team?

Would taibu get in the India team as wicket keeper/batsman?

• yes

Votes: 44 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
my honest opinion is yes he probably would, he strikes me as being a player who is a better keeper and batsman than eitehr parthiv patel or dinesh karthik.
please discuss

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting questions. I expect most Indian supporters to say no, but I venture a yes. I rate Taibu as a good little player and if he didn't have to carry the Zimbabwean batting, he'd be better statistically. Excellent wicketkeeper.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Interesting questions. I expect most Indian supporters to say no, but I venture a yes. I rate Taibu as a good little player and if he didn't have to carry the Zimbabwean batting, he'd be better statistically. Excellent wicketkeeper.
couldnt agree more, now you mention it i expect he would probably get in the west indies side and pakistan as well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

sledger said:
couldnt agree more, now you mention it i expect he would probably get in the west indies side and pakistan as well.
I'd suggest that Denesh Ramdin is/will be as good/better than he is within a year or so. I'd also say that Jacobs is in tremendous batting form. :p I wouldn't mind him in there though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Taibu would comfortably make the Indian Test side, there's the added bonus of his massively underused off-breaks as well.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Undoutably so. Comfortably a better gloveman than Karthik, Dhoni or Patel, and an accomplished batsman. Heck, I'd pick him in the England Test and ODI sides...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Kartik is no way a better batsman , this guy is very good :) i think he would get in there, i think he would get in most international teams..

Mr Mxyzptlk

kwek said:
Kartik is no way a better batsman , this guy is very good :) i think he would get in there, i think he would get in most international teams..
Pakistan, possibly West Indies, India, possibly England.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
No I wouldn't want taibu in the indian team. His batting sucks, karthik is better.

On the other hand, if gilchrist is available...................

Mr Mxyzptlk

ReallyCrazy said:
No I wouldn't want taibu in the indian team. His batting sucks, karthik is better.

On the other hand, if gilchrist is available...................
The first contributor to my prediction...

Taibu is a very competent batsman and Kartik has done nothing as yet to suggest he's as good or better.