• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would Tatenda Taibu get in the India test team?

Would taibu get in the India team as wicket keeper/batsman?

• yes

Votes: 44 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Didn't the SA selectors recently drop Boucher, suggesting they're not so sure about him?
But wasn't Boucher dropped beacuse of performance it was becauseof the black quota policy. Ok De Villers was in the side for him and he was white but he got dropped from the keeping pretty quick when they realsed that he wasn't up the international standard as a keeper.
marc71178 said:
Sangakkara could easily play as a top order batsman, and Taibu would add a lot in the middle order as well as better glove skills.
The last thing that Sri Lanka need is another guy who bats at 7 and can't average higher then 20 aganist any quailty bowling attack. We aready tried Prasanna and that didn't work too well did it, he just got dropped. If he could improve his batting just like Prasanna could then he would be an option but these days keepers need to be all rounders, that why Read and Prasanna both got dropped.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Didn't the SA selectors recently drop Boucher, suggesting they're not so sure about him?
they dropped him because of the quote system, the fact that they picked him back almost instantly would suggest how much they need him.

marc71178 said:
Sangakkara could easily play as a top order batsman, and Taibu would add a lot in the middle order as well as better glove skills.
really? personally unless sangakkara prefers to play exclusively as a batsman i wouldnt pick another keeper, even i did, i wouldnt pick taibu unless there wasnt a better keeper-batsman in all of SL. for someone who is relied upon so much, you'd think hed actually score against SA.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i reckon kamran akmal has been really good what i saw of him. as a keeper, the less your noticed, usually it means your doing a good, solid job. hardly noticed him at all throughout the test and VB series in australia

Sudeep

International Captain
sledger said:
my honest opinion is yes he probably would, he strikes me as being a player who is a better keeper and batsman than eitehr parthiv patel or dinesh karthik.
please discuss
Aboslutely. We haven't had a wicket-keeper who has looked liked he's gonna stay for a while, since Nayan Mongia.

Although, TBH, we're yet to see Dinesh Kaarthick's potential as a batsman.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sudeep said:
Aboslutely. We haven't had a wicket-keeper who has looked liked he's gonna stay for a while, since Nayan Mongia.

Although, TBH, we're yet to see Dinesh Kaarthick's potential as a batsman.
despite that 92 i do not think karthik is upto it, bring through a new keeper. he is just a stop gap unless he improves drastically.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Kumar_42 said:
Its been a while since this threads been in action, and i'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this but...

recently i noticed that India have a wicketkeeper called Pankaj Dharmani who averages
52.78 in FC cricket with 20 100s and 33 50s and a highest score of 305*. He's currently 31 years old and has only played one ODI game against SAf in 1996/7. Surely this guy must have the batting credentials to be in the selectors thinking? IMHO he seems like he should have been given a chance.

Are there any Indian fans who know anything about him and perhaps why he hasn't been considered? ( please forgive me if there has already been a discussion regarding this as I haven't really looked through this thread. If there has been just ignore this :ph34r: )
He is a very good batsman. Had great potential. Has even played an ODI if I am not mistaken. It maybe a bit late now for him. But you are right, he should hyave been given more chances.