Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever not been able to watch your team??

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar

Ever not been able to watch your team??

I hate to say it....but I just can't watch my own NZ cricket team in this series against Aussie. Call me a bad sport, but I find the total mismatch that it is totally humiliating and embarassing. I had annual leave scheduled for the 1st test, but have cancelled the leave request recently. Sure the aussie team are brilliant, but on the other side the NZ side is a total embarassment to the cricket world and I can't think of a period since 95 that we have looked quite so awful.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Hehe.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    I hate to say it....but I just can't watch my own NZ cricket team in this series against Aussie. Call me a bad sport, but I find the total mismatch that it is totally humiliating and embarassing. I had annual leave scheduled for the 1st test, but have cancelled the leave request recently. Sure the aussie team are brilliant, but on the other side the NZ side is a total embarassment to the cricket world and I can't think of a period since 95 that we have looked quite so awful.
    It is bad from a Kiwi point of view but we must remember that we are against the World Champions and are injury struck. Sure, we look awful, but our best side is certainly capable of matching them.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    In a years time only the minority of us will be able to watch england!!!!! Thanks Sky , and if ur a somerset supporter we wiish we couldnt watch our team, role on April
    Supporting Somerset Cricket Club under South African leadership and supporting the fight vs the dictatorship of Zimbarbwe.
    Slog Leg Spinners at your peril...one day we shall rule the world
    JOIN ADAMS APPLES CC FOR 2005

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus
    In a years time only the minority of us will be able to watch england!!!!! Thanks Sky , and if ur a somerset supporter we wiish we couldnt watch our team, role on April
    Only realised you're from Taunton, great to see so many members from New Zealand and another from Somerset here. As you say, at times maybe it would be best if the side wasn't seen though - do you get to watch many of the home games?

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I turned the TV off for one of the few times when England were involved in the closing stages of that New Zealand 1999 series.
    Had better things to do, too, at Trent Bridge in 2001 as Australia closed-in.
    I've been so disgusted at a bad decision (eg Ganguly at Lord's, 2002; Stewart at Galle, 2000\01) of times that I've turned the thing off for a bit, thrown one or two things, then cooled-down and turned back on 20 minutes later.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Had to turn the TV off when sachin was kicking our butt in wc2003 - turned it back on after half an hour, and he was still there!
    The perth humiliation wasnt too easy on the eyes either.
    From the River to the sea, Palestine will be free!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Sometimes I've turned off the t.v. or left the ground when Australia are dominating so much over other teams. It gets a bit routine an boring after a while.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    I hate to say it....but I just can't watch my own NZ cricket team in this series against Aussie.
    Why would you want to watch such a slaughter?
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

I remember turning the television off during the 2003 Adelaide test match between India and Australia when Tendulkar was caught behind, and then Ganguly was stupidly run out. Luckily I turned it back on a little later to see Laxman and Dravid build a tremendous partnership.

I was very tempted to just walk out during the 2003 WC. I was so hyped for the match and actually considered India a chance, and Ponting just crushed that with his awesome knock.

But I've never not watched an Indian test series for fear of defeat before. Some don't get the opportunity to watch the cricket, so I'm not going to throw it away, though its tempting at times.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

I'm a Bangladesh supporter, enough said
    Stedders' Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, JA Burns, UT Khawaja, *SPD Smith, Shakib Al Hasan, C de Grandhomme, +AT Carey, PJ Cummins, Rashid Khan, Mustafizur Rahman, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

Loads of times.

When the second Test match between the Indians and SA was played, my TV was not coming on at all and there ws no point spending so much time on the internet following the score, so I had to turn on a radio- I discovered some weird new breed of commentators, including a resident Sidhu clone.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

looks like i wont be abl to watch this test series with india even though i want to coz
    its two dayz away and no one is bloody sure who is showing it in england
    one minute its sony the next its sentana
    im jus sick of it
    totally put me off
    beware of ''THE-AFRIDI'' factor

''If this kid was in America he could have made millions playing base ball '' BOYCOTT

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by PAKMAN
    looks like i wont be abl to watch this test series with india even though i want to coz
    its two dayz away and no one is bloody sure who is showing it in england
    one minute its sony the next its sentana
    im jus sick of it
    totally put me off
    I feel like apologising for that as if I am personally responsible. But really BCCI is sickening. We have been in this situation so often. With scoundrels like Dalmiya and his ilk running the show, we will keep having such problems.

On top of that, with many cable providers, particularly in the smaller towns, refusing to pay money to the channels, you rarely get to watch important games when travelling, like when I go to my factory in Daman.

And I am going there on Tuesday morning.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information