• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ever not been able to watch your team??

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hate to say it....but I just can't watch my own NZ cricket team in this series against Aussie. Call me a bad sport, but I find the total mismatch that it is totally humiliating and embarassing. I had annual leave scheduled for the 1st test, but have cancelled the leave request recently. Sure the aussie team are brilliant, but on the other side the NZ side is a total embarassment to the cricket world and I can't think of a period since 95 that we have looked quite so awful.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
zinzan12 said:
I hate to say it....but I just can't watch my own NZ cricket team in this series against Aussie. Call me a bad sport, but I find the total mismatch that it is totally humiliating and embarassing. I had annual leave scheduled for the 1st test, but have cancelled the leave request recently. Sure the aussie team are brilliant, but on the other side the NZ side is a total embarassment to the cricket world and I can't think of a period since 95 that we have looked quite so awful.
It is bad from a Kiwi point of view but we must remember that we are against the World Champions and are injury struck. Sure, we look awful, but our best side is certainly capable of matching them.

Marcus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
In a years time only the minority of us will be able to watch england!!!!! Thanks Sky :), and if ur a somerset supporter we wiish we couldnt watch our team, role on April

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Marcus said:
In a years time only the minority of us will be able to watch england!!!!! Thanks Sky :), and if ur a somerset supporter we wiish we couldnt watch our team, role on April
Only realised you're from Taunton, great to see so many members from New Zealand and another from Somerset here. As you say, at times maybe it would be best if the side wasn't seen though - do you get to watch many of the home games?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
zinzan12 said:
I turned the TV off for one of the few times when England were involved in the closing stages of that New Zealand 1999 series.
Had better things to do, too, at Trent Bridge in 2001 as Australia closed-in.
I've been so disgusted at a bad decision (eg Ganguly at Lord's, 2002; Stewart at Galle, 2000\01) of times that I've turned the thing off for a bit, thrown one or two things, then cooled-down and turned back on 20 minutes later.

pakster

U19 12th Man
Had to turn the TV off when sachin was kicking our butt in wc2003 - turned it back on after half an hour, and he was still there!
The perth humiliation wasnt too easy on the eyes either.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sometimes I've turned off the t.v. or left the ground when Australia are dominating so much over other teams. It gets a bit routine an boring after a while.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I remember turning the television off during the 2003 Adelaide test match between India and Australia when Tendulkar was caught behind, and then Ganguly was stupidly run out. Luckily I turned it back on a little later to see Laxman and Dravid build a tremendous partnership. :)

I was very tempted to just walk out during the 2003 WC. I was so hyped for the match and actually considered India a chance, and Ponting just crushed that with his awesome knock.

But I've never not watched an Indian test series for fear of defeat before. Some don't get the opportunity to watch the cricket, so I'm not going to throw it away, though its tempting at times.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
When the second Test match between the Indians and SA was played, my TV was not coming on at all and there ws no point spending so much time on the internet following the score, so I had to turn on a radio- I discovered some weird new breed of commentators, including a resident Sidhu clone.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
looks like i wont be abl to watch this test series with india even though i want to coz
its two dayz away and no one is bloody sure who is showing it in england
one minute its sony the next its sentana
im jus sick of it
totally put me off

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PAKMAN said:
looks like i wont be abl to watch this test series with india even though i want to coz
its two dayz away and no one is bloody sure who is showing it in england
one minute its sony the next its sentana
im jus sick of it
totally put me off
I feel like apologising for that as if I am personally responsible. But really BCCI is sickening. We have been in this situation so often. With scoundrels like Dalmiya and his ilk running the show, we will keep having such problems.

On top of that, with many cable providers, particularly in the smaller towns, refusing to pay money to the channels, you rarely get to watch important games when travelling, like when I go to my factory in Daman.

And I am going there on Tuesday morning. :wallbash:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
We have been in this situation so often. With scoundrels like Dalmiya and his ilk running the show, we will keep having such problems.
It's a no-brainer that Dalmiya is a selfish power-grabber who's getting to be more redundant with time. All image, no substance. The BCCI is the richest cricket board around, and has enough money and power to solve existing problems in Indian cricket. Instead, he's keen on creating new ones. Yet he wants to return to power so often. Why should sincere fans support his kind? As adman Suhel Seth said, that Laloo Prasad can't run a train from Patna to Ranchi, yet he wants to be in charge of the Bihar Cricket Association so often!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I almost gave up on Indian team when they couldnt defeat the Windies in Windies the last time around.

Didnt start watching again till India pulled out a stunner beating England in the Natwest Final.

And then after some improvement, India lost again to Australia. It was a spineless effort from the Indian team, with more focus on the pitches than performing.

Its not the losses but the lack of putting talent to use which has knocked me off from following Indian cricket as passionately forever. I supported them through the defeats hoping of a some spine for 15 years. I guess the fighting spirit will always lack from the team of talent and underachievment.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I don't think I have ever stopped watching South Africa.. I think I might have turned off once or twice when Pietersen really got going this winter, but thats about it..

Saying that, I have found the SA v ZIM series hard to stay glued to, and have turned off to do something else loads..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush, a full strength West Indies team in the West Indies is not at all a guaranteed victory.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pratyush, a full strength West Indies team in the West Indies is not at all a guaranteed victory.
Flashback India's last tour of Windies and comparing the teams, you will know what I am talking about.