• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ever not been able to watch your team??

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Paul Collingwood

Career ODI Avge: 30.76

v Bangladesh: 91 runs @ 91.00
v post-decent Zimbabwe: 87 runs @ 43.50
v Namibia: 5 runs @ n/a
v Holland: 38 runs @ 38.00

That's 221 runs in 8 innings against substandard teams (arguable for Namibia :p). He averages 44.20 there. That means he has 1225 runs against all other teams and averages 29.16 against them.
I thought it was a bit lower than that, but it's still poor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, they're not, there's a common error - including Bangladesh, Namibia, etc. games as ODIs, when they're not worthy of it. 8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, but yet again you're ignoring the facts about what and what isn't an ODI.

You can grumble all you like, but the only official averages include these games because they're ODIs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And the whole point of analysis is to correct any poorly constructed official averages.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I missed India's tour of Bangladesh, as well as the 1996 tour of England, due to disputes between cable operators and telecasting channels. Not to mention countless matches played in the West Indies because of the unusual timings.

Deja moo

International Captain
IMO, but for the quality of cricket, matches in the West Indies are/were convenient for me. The late night timings coincided nicely with late study sessions, the night owl that Iam.

wahindiawah

Banned
Just got the news , that the whole of Karachi and Lahore is having loadshedding, yet ppl are dancing in joy on the street.The reason being that they don't have to suffer from the humilaiation of watching their team being taken to cleaners by India on TV:p

Isolator

State 12th Man
I missed Astle's 222 due to a Pol Science exam. Man, if I knew that was going to happen I would have rather bunked the exam and dropped a year than missed it. I saw it plenty of times on replays and highlights, but it's not the same.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
wahindiawah said:
Just got the news , that the whole of Karachi and Lahore is having loadshedding, yet ppl are dancing in joy on the street.The reason being that they don't have to suffer from the humilaiation of watching their team being taken to cleaners by India on TV:p
Just got the news, that you're one-eyed and not funny.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Isolator said:
I missed Astle's 222 due to a Pol Science exam. Man, if I knew that was going to happen I would have rather bunked the exam and dropped a year than missed it. I saw it plenty of times on replays and highlights, but it's not the same.
Twas indeed a delicious experience... like nothing else.
If I'd had an exam the next day (which I did) I'd happily have defied my Mum's advice and stayed-up... for the one and only time all tour I managed to stay awake throughout the night's play.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
i could not watch the 5th day of the india-pakistan test.. was just too painful to have victory stolen like that.. not really stolen.. all credit to the pakistanis.. but it was just too painful!