• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ever not been able to watch your team??

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From memory, India's bowling was not more flash than it has been in the last 10 years or so. West Indies batting performed well on flat pitches against said uninspiring bowling. Pedro Collins showed signs of improvement by causing Tendulkar endless nightmares, whilst troubling Laxman too. Dillon found some rhythm.

biased indian

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pratyush, a full strength West Indies team in the West Indies is not at all a guaranteed victory.
what u mean by full srength :) the one which doesnt have any contract row :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
From memory, India's bowling was not more flash than it has been in the last 10 years or so. West Indies batting performed well on flat pitches against said uninspiring bowling. Pedro Collins showed signs of improvement by causing Tendulkar endless nightmares, whilst troubling Laxman too. Dillon found some rhythm.
India had taken a 1-0 lead in the series and thwarted it by pretty poor play IMO. Pedro Collins, Mervyn Dillon werent bowlers who could penetrate an Indian batting experienced as it was on flat pitches.

Also the Indian bowling wasnt as bad. Capable of taking 20 Windies wickets as shown early in the series. You may bring in the Kumble injury factor but the 1-0 lead to be given away was more because of poor play of India than talent of the Windies, with all due respect to the Windies cricket team.

biased indian

International Coach
^^and if i remember correctly it rained all day aftre the game finished on the fifth day of the fifth test when indian lower oder was out hitting out when a cautious approch might have saved us the game and series

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Fit batting, fit bowling. All but unheard of in the West Indies team of today.
All but unheard of in all teams today - even Australia have had problems of late.
No coincidence that the best time in England's cricket - 1999\2000-2001 and the first half of 2004 - occurred when injuries weren't really happening.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I don't think I have ever stopped watching South Africa.. I think I might have turned off once or twice when Pietersen really got going this winter, but thats about it..
Personally he was one of the few English batsmen I was out-and-out pleased to see scoring. :)
Much prefer him making stacks than runs going to rubbish like Solanki, Vaughan, Jones and Collingwood.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
Didnt start watching again till India pulled out a stunner beating England in the Natwest Final.
That's a shame, because if so you'd missed some really, really good cricket-matches in the preliminaries.
Especially the first England-India game.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Richard said:
That's a shame, because if so you'd missed some really, really good cricket-matches in the preliminaries.
Especially the first England-India game.
There are some quality one day matches as seen in the last 5 match one day series between India and Pakistan but most one dayers bore me. Test cricket is the real cricket for me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Personally he was one of the few English batsmen I was out-and-out pleased to see scoring. :)
Much prefer him making stacks than runs going to rubbish like Solanki, Vaughan, Jones and Collingwood.

:S

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Wow, weird attitude..

The only South Africans I havent really wanted to do well have been Hashim Amla and Robbie Peterson..

Surely you have to back and celebrate your guys in the test arena?

Marcus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Somerset said:
Only realised you're from Taunton, great to see so many members from New Zealand and another from Somerset here. As you say, at times maybe it would be best if the side wasn't seen though - do you get to watch many of the home games?
Yes unfortunatly....a membership holder.....this season weve got to do something....anything better than the last 2 seasons

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Marcus said:
Yes unfortunatly....a membership holder.....this season weve got to do something....anything better than the last 2 seasons
Well we've got new hope with the South African skipper joining, that'll certainly aid the team in their attempt to gain first division status again. I just hope the inconsistencies of 2003 and 2004 are left behind this year, let's hope so anyway. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I personally just hope Graeme takes advantage of the short boundaries.
I mean, if Ian Blackwell can average 60 or so at the ground (IIRR), who knows what a far better left-hander can do? :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Wow, weird attitude..

The only South Africans I havent really wanted to do well have been Hashim Amla and Robbie Peterson..

Surely you have to back and celebrate your guys in the test arena?
A bit different in the Test-matches (and aside from the fact that we've a much better Test-side), but no... I wasn't really too disappointed to see Harmison averaging 74, I was expecting it, really.
And as for the ODIs, I frankly couldn't give a damn if we lost 15 in a row if it means we get a decent side in 2 years' time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Richard said:
:S
Yep - ODI averages of 23 and 27 (something like that) do mean indeed that they are both very poor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I'd say it's more likely all of 2004.
England were nowhere near as successful at the end of 2004 as they were for the first part - nor did injuries stay away to quite the same extent.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Paul Collingwood

Career ODI Avge: 30.76

v Bangladesh: 91 runs @ 91.00
v post-decent Zimbabwe: 87 runs @ 43.50
v Namibia: 5 runs @ n/a
v Holland: 38 runs @ 38.00

That's 221 runs in 8 innings against substandard teams (arguable for Namibia :p). He averages 44.20 there. That means he has 1225 runs against all other teams and averages 29.16 against them.