Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia in 2007 World Cup

Australia in 2007 World Cup

I know the world in the caribbean ins still two years away but the way my australians are looking at the moment and the talent they have in reserve onc they play at the capable best in the 2007 world cup no team in world cricket can stop them. I f u dont believe me look at these facts. here is my possible 15 -man squad for the aussies with their ages during the world cup

1.Ricky Ponting - captain Age: 32 in 2007 world cup
    2.Adam Gilchrist - w/keeper Age: 35 in 2007 world cup
    3.Micheal Clarke Age: 26
    4.Damien Martyn Age: 35
    5.Andrew Symonds Age: 31
    6.Micheal Hussey Age: 31
    7.Brad Hodge Age: 32
    8.Shane Watson Age: 25
    9.James Hopes Age: 28
    10.Brad Haddin - back up keeper Age: 29
    11.Cameron White Age: 23
    12.Brett Lee Age: 29
    13.Jason Gillespie Age: 32
    14.Damien Wright Age: 31
    15.Glenn McGrath Age: 37

an even if u blokes dont agree wid my fifteen n u might say guys like gilchrist, mcgrath and martyn might not be around their is superb back up talent with the likes of Simon Katich, David Hussey, the young extermely quick Shaun tait, Nathan Bracken, Marcus North etc

Lets here ur views

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    That would be pretty close, assuming none of the players get dropped or injured. Not too sure on Damien Wright, however you never know what will happen in the next 2 years and perhaps Kasprowicz will still be in the main sqauds.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

I reckon Tait will be in there somewhere.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Agreed

the way the aussie selectors are i'm pretty sure by then they might force kasper out of the team, but that we be disappointing and also because some bowler might come up by then n force him out, his age will be a factor he'll be 35 then.

and on damien wright he is a good one-day bowler especially i have seen him bat many times and he is a very handy batsman, close to excellent fielder and very accurate when it comes to bowling

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by mavric41
    I reckon Tait will be in there somewhere.
    Possibly.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Side looks likely, aside from the fact that I think Tait will definately be in the squad instead of Wright.

aussie

yeah possibly but the reason i would go for wright is because of his all round cricketing ablility

aussie

u blokes know who is an exciting young prospect i have seen in australia LUKE RONCHI the kiwi born big hitting western australian. I saw when western australia played victoria he made 87 in 34 balls hit victoria. One shot that i remember when he swung shane warne over mid wicket for a huge six.

Guys look out for Luke its gilchrist reincarnation

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Gilchrist, what a star! Reincarnated before he passes away.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    u blokes know who is an exciting young prospect i have seen in australia LUKE RONCHI the kiwi born big hitting western australian. I saw when western australia played victoria he made 87 in 34 balls hit victoria. One shot that i remember when he swung shane warne over mid wicket for a huge six.

Being Kiwi born, is there a chance he could cross the Tasman and play for the black caps?

aussie

probably but i doubt it because he has been in australia n learnt his craft here n if u were to look down the line in 5 to 10 years the way he plays fits into the aussie way perfectly

aussies

I dont know guys england r my home the aussies r my favourite team i dont know who to support i'm only 15 i'm too young for this stress who am i goin to support. What do u blokes thing?

But if i were to be honest i dont think england can win this ashes they have been playing brilliantly but if r to win they will ahbe to conquer McGrath, Gillespie, Lee , Kasprowicz and Hollywoood (Shane Warne) because thats what makes australia the team their all.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Apologies if you mentioned this elsewhere, as I've just skimmed, but are you English? Or do you just reside in England?

U19 12th Man
    The Aus selectors made the tough calls after the last WC, dropping those players who they didn't think would be available for the next ( Bevan and Bichel ). I think it stands to reason that they believe everyone currently playing will at least be available barring injury or a run of bad form.

With that in mind, my money is on Kaspa keeping his spot. Not so sure about Tait...in one day games he seems like Lee ( a bit loose and expensive, but takes enough wickets to make up for it ), and I'm not sure we would want 2 of that type.

White over Hogg seems a bit iffy as well..White has done very little bowling this year and I doubt that will change unless the Vics get a new captain ( or coach ) who keeps giving him the ball, Bowler captains tend to either over or under bowl themselves, and I think he's erred on the underbowl side too much for his own good ( and the long term good of the side ). White is the more talented all-round player, but we'll have to see how he develops.

International 12th Man Crazy Sam's Avatar
    the interesting thing is that about 8 of the above 15 players named could probably go on to the 2011 world cup (which should be in aus/nz??)

Ponting (36 in 2011), Clarke (30), Symonds (35/36), Watson (29), Hopes (32), Haddin (33), White (27), Lee (33) could all be realistic chances of sticking around. Throw in the young stars like Philipson, Birt, Ronchi, Tait, Cullen, Hauritz, Kruger the list goes on.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information